Riva intercooler upgrade kit for x

Anyone have any opinions on the riva intercooler relocation kit? Got my bike in peices right now and was wondering if it's worth the $500+. If so I would like to do it while it's apart.

more like $800+ since you have to remove OPAS and do through hull exhaust along with it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by subparwelder View Post
    Anyone have any opinions on the riva intercooler relocation kit? Got my bike in peices right now and was wondering if it's worth the $500+. If so I would like to do it while it's apart.
    Most people see close to a pound more boost and have better throttle response. The stock rubber plumbing that comes on your X is junk.

Like GTXX said you need to install the Riva thru hull exhaust (which sounds great) and also OPAS blockoffs. Taking the training wheels off is something you will probably want to do anyway. You can put the cheapo blockoff plates on but you will benifit more from installing the Race Engineering OPAS blockoffs or the Riva Pro Series blockoffs.

Since your ski is a P-X you can now run the Riva rear air intake with the intercooler relocated.

Having the intercooler relocation kit also cleans up the hull a bunch. The stock placement of the X intercooler leaves a tangled mess of plumbing and hose.

Also, no need to pay full retail for the Riva stuff. You can get a 10% discount when shopping thru this sites online store

i relocate my intercooler with riva kit, you dont need to remove the OPAS or put a thru hull. Just remove the resonator and put a aluminum tube, pass under the new relocator kit

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Most people see close to a pound more boost and have better throttle response. The stock rubber plumbing that comes on your X is junk.

Like GTXX said you need to install the Riva thru hull exhaust (which sounds great) and also OPAS blockoffs. Taking the training wheels off is something you will probably want to do anyway. You can put the cheapo blockoff plates on but you will benifit more from installing the Race Engineering OPAS blockoffs or the Riva Pro Series blockoffs.

Since your ski is a P-X you can now run the Riva rear air intake with the intercooler relocated.

Having the intercooler relocation kit also cleans up the hull a bunch. The stock placement of the X intercooler leaves a tangled mess of plumbing and hose.

Also, no need to pay full retail for the Riva stuff. You can get a 10% discount when shopping thru this sites online store

i have a question

since you have to relocate the intercooler from the stock position, does the riva kit come with longer water hoses or you have to buy them seperate?

+1
    The kit comes with everything you need to relocate it.

Here are the instructions if you want to look over them

http://www.rivamotorsports.com/instr...17080_icuk.pdf

Thread Information