In Memory of Jeremy Lusk

Jeremy, May you Rest In Peace 2009

Shirts made on Saturday for his funeral this past Monday - Hypnotic Films

+1
    Motocross star Lusk remembered at memorial service in Menifee

09:58 PM PST on Monday, February 16, 2009

By MIRJAM SWANSON
    The Press-Enterprise

MENIFEE - More than 1,000 mourners, including many of freestyle motocross' biggest names, gathered at an emotional memorial service to honor Temecula resident Jeremy Lusk, a freestyle motocross star who died last week at 24 after crashing at a competition in Costa Rica.

As rain pounded down on Revival Christian Fellowship Church, a capacity audience listened to the Rev. Carmen Rieg and a series of speakers eulogize Lusk in a nearly two-hour service.
    One after another, they remembered the San Diego native for his silly dancing, his riding talent and his eagerness to help.

Stan Lim / The Press-Enterprise
    During the memorial for Jeremy Lusk at a Menifee church, freestyle motocross pioneer Brian Deegan describes how Lusk was baptized a year ago.

The theme most often revisited was Lusk's close relationship with his father, Chuck Lusk.
    "I know how proud you are of Lusk, but Lusk, he was just as proud of you," fellow freestyle motocross rider Ronnie Faisst told Chuck Lusk. "He'd talk about you all the time. Anytime it had to do with lifting, or eating right, he'd be like, 'Lemme call my dad.'
    "You were his hero, for real. He had so much love for you," Faisst said.

Story continues below
    More than 1,000 people gather at Revival Christian Fellowship Church in Menifee to honor freestyle motocross star Jeremy Lusk on Monday.

Jeremy Lusk died as a result of brain trauma Feb. 10 in San Jose, Costa Rica. His wife, Lauren, as well as his parents, parents-in-law and a few close friends were with him.
    That group included freestyle motocross pioneer Brian Deegan, who founded the popular Metal Mulisha riding group that Lusk, an X Games gold medalist, was a part of. Through tears, Deegan said Lusk was baptized a year ago at Deegan's home and recently got a tattoo on his chest that read, "In God's Hands."
    "I miss Jeremy and I wish he were here with us now," Deegan said. "But I take comfort that he is truly in God's hands."
    Grandfather Tom Lusk quoted Theodore Roosevelt's speech, "The Man in the Arena," saying that it helped him understand Jeremy's dangerous lifestyle.
    The speech, in part, read: "... The credit belongs to the man who ... at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
    Reach Mirjam Swanson at [email protected]

+1
    The following is from the Metal Mulisha...

Through a consortium of generous donors, a trackside viewing suite and 100 Ticket Swag Packs are available for purchase for this weekend's NASCAR race at the Autoclub Speedway in Fontana, California with proceeds going directly to the Jeremy Lusk Trust Fund, which is in the process of establishing the Jeremy Lusk Foundation.

There are currently six phenomenal suite ticket packages up for auction, bidders may bid immediately at: www.mycharitablelife.com.
    Additionally, there are 100 Rockstar/Metal Mulisha Ticket Swag Packs available for purchase, while supplies last, at www.metalmulisha.com.

JEREMY LUSK MEMORIAL VIP TERRACE SUITE PACKAGES:
    The Terrace suite overlooks Pit Row and is located very near the start finish line. Viewing area located atop the Suite with Stadium chairs and covered canopy. On Sunday, suite is catered with lite-fare, energy drinks, soft drinks and limited adult beverages. This luxurious suite is furnished, carpeted and air-conditioned. Link to view suite location/virtual 3-D views - http://www.seats3d.com/international..._club_speedway

Just needs a Motor.... bogey0911's Avatar
    I ride motorcross and this really hits me hard. I have been riding since i was 4. i grew up watching these guys. My prayers go out to his family. Tonight i will start looking into buying a good neck brace and more safty gear. It really sucks to see such a great rider and person have to go.

Thread Information