02 gtx/di beeper blues

Have owned my 951 gtx/di for 5yrs. ran great till this past mid summer when it started beeping couldn't get past about 2500rpm's went into limp mode. took it to my dealer who put it into tank and plugged into computer. Beeping continued on throttle ups. he then disconnected battery cables and cleaned ,reconnected and revd up, hey! no beeping !and top rpms achieved,must be fixed,pulled out of test tank and took it to lake ran for 1-day then the next day..BEEEP.. BEEEP Idled back to shore... I then pulled cables and recleaned like he did. put her back in the water , idled out, revd up...BEEEP..BEEEP WHAT'S UP????? Thanks ..Billybrad

Maybe battery cable issues? It's possible that he moved one of the two cables just right for it to make enough connection at the time. I know the 96XP had a ground cable problem of breaking off on the block. It was a routing problem. I would think an easy start is to check the ground lead and make sure it's good and clean on the block side. If there is any green corrosion it will insulate the lead from grounding properly.

+1
    What does the gauge say when it starts beeping,could be a bad rectifier those things eat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-pulsion View Post
    Maybe battery cable issues? It's possible that he moved one of the two cables just right for it to make enough connection at the time. I know the 96XP had a ground cable problem of breaking off on the block. It was a routing problem. I would think an easy start is to check the ground lead and make sure it's good and clean on the block side. If there is any green corrosion it will insulate the lead from grounding properly.
    Thanks for the tip soon as it warms up I''ll check that out.. Makes sense that it could have moved just right for contact then out again with a slight bump..Thanks man..billybrad

Quote Originally Posted by tweeker View Post
    What does the gauge say when it starts beeping,could be a bad rectifier those things eat them.
    Kind of thought that , so I ordered new part.. Nothing like throwing parts at something till one sticks and works but now no $$$$ for gas Thanks I'm glad you concur..Thanks...billybrad

+1
    we found on a RXDI to have the same problem but the ski went into limp mode. It was a bad tps sensor.
    SHOOTER

Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl View Post
    we found on a RXDI to have the same problem but the ski went into limp mode. It was a bad tps sensor.
    SHOOTER
    Hey SHOOTER, good stuff,I'll check that out also,Man I'm so pleased that you folks in the forum are hittin this problem head on, It's been buggin me all winter. what the dealer could'nt suggest you guys are bustin out with some good ,solid rationale, based on EXPERIENCE!! This is music to my ears. Thanks guys, I will check out each possible solution and post my findings so you'll know what works and what does'nt.
    Many THANKS ...billybrad

Thread Information