Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

sho riva ride plate

is it ava yet ?

Haven't heard of it being available. Doesn't really matter anymore unless they can come up with a plate that does not buck or porpoise all the way up to 95mph. Otherwise, we can just use R&D's plate.

+1
    I've seen the waiting list for those plates...it's looooonnnnngggg. I put one on layaway a couple mo's ago, and I'm just hoping to get one from the first batch before they go on backorder.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    I've seen the waiting list for those plates...it's looooonnnnngggg. I put one on layaway a couple mo's ago, and I'm just hoping to get one from the first batch before they go on backorder.
    I'm drooling for that plate......put myself on the list for it Feb. of last year....

+1
    R&D can't get it right and they have one of the most experienced R&D guys working, I dare say, full time on the SHO and FZR skis

so I don't understand why anyone would sign up to buy a Riva plate without even knowing if it works (or more importantly, if it works any better than the R&D plate)

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post
    R&D can't get it right and they have one of the most experienced R&D guys working, I dare say, full time on the SHO and FZR skis

so I don't understand why anyone would sign up to buy a Riva plate without even knowing if it works (or more importantly, if it works any better than the R&D plate)

Cuz I'm stupid and I like it that way....

Because Riva has a reputation for taking their time and putting out parts that work as advertised.........

R & D puts out good parts that definitely help performance of the ski.....but I'm starting to get a picture in my head from things that I've seen from my own experiences and people that I've talked to...that they put parts out quickly,,,,which sometimes is not a good thing.

I love my C1 wheel...really woke up my ski...but i'm seeing issues with the boost limiter in cooler temperatures. If I'm seeing issues with the C1 wheel......how is the C3-11 wheel going to work without putting the boost limiter going into major overtime. Don't put into your literature that the C3 wheel will work with the stock ECU when you know that the stock ECU will keep limiting that ski down to 7 psi because of the boost limiter. Or they should develop a way to bypass the boost limiter to take full advantage of the C3 wheel?

Time will tell.....I love my R&D plate for handling on my ski...it carves like its on rails and i gained a good amount of mph but it porpoises like h-ll....

yes...it's a modded plate but even the SHO guys with regular R&D plate r complaining about the porpoising.......guess you cant have ur cake and eat it too..

Riva should take aspects of the R&D plate and lengthen the plate to stop porpoising...my .02

+1
    I'm sure it won't be as fast as Jim's R&D plate, but if it cures some of the flat water handling quirks and is long enough to work offshore I'll be happy.

+1
    In the 2000/2001 time period Riva focused a lot of their development effort on the GPR platform. Then around the same time TJ left Riva, they decided to change their strategy and develop products for all of the major jetski manufacturers. (Yamaha, Seadoo, Kawi, etc.) By doing this they have stretched themselves very thin.

I wouldn’t be banking on them be able to deliver a SHO plate that improves on what R&D has developed. Riva simply has too many other skis and products to worry about.

Look what Riva did when they decided to stop reselling the R&D designed GPR rideplate. They simply took the stock GPR rideplate and extended it a couple of inches. That is why so few people use the current Riva rideplate. Most people use the much faster R&D plate.

R&D have a very close relationship with Yamaha. They actively support Yamaha's factory sponsored racer Mike Folmer. It is evident they are also providing some assistance to the Rius race team. I suspect this is why they are way ahead of Riva as far as bringing products to market for Yamaha's new 4 stroke platforms.

+1
    Good call phillip! My thought on this is R&D comes out with it and RIVA makes a copy Of all of the parts! Stamp Riva on the plate and people turn the head, ohh Riva has a new part!And TJ got the boot! The Judge has his Head up after those days! hope you boys have the SHO and FZR dialed in Before i need to get one! Lee

anyone with a non moded rd plate is there alot of porpusing?

thanks for everyones answers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information