Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

03 seadoo gti le

hey guys, i just picked up a 03 seadoo gti le with a locked up engine. when i put the key i hear a beep., then when i tried to turn her over i hear the starter want to turn but i guess its really locked up, any recomendations as in to see if i can get this motor back to life or would i have to replace it for a rebuilt from sbt? thanks guys

pics of ski
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jetski2.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	118023   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jetski1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	118024   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jetski3.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	311.6 KB 
ID:	118025  

Put a little oil down the spark plug holes. Let it sit for an hour or so. Then put a pipe wrench at the back of the motor on the driveshaft or the flywheel and see if you can break it loose. I have done this to several skis and if they free up, they usually can be run.

Also, first pull the plugs and try to turn it over by hand. It may be hydrolocked with oil in the motor. Have seen that too.

ok, i put some marvel mystery oil in the cylinders overnight and i cranked her over by hand, at the beginning she wouldnt go but i gave a little force and she turned over. after a couple minutes she turned over smoothly. i left the sparkplugs out, and put the battery in, tried to start her but all i hear is 1 long beep. i then put a booster cable to the red cable where the solenoid is and it wouldnt turn over..could my starter be bad? should i take it out to test?

so i took the exhaust off and starter, found out that the exhaust has some built up salt, but i reinstalled the starter and then i tried to start it but it wont start, all it does is beep. then when i try to start her she does beep beep beep....what could it be? i then crossed the solenoid with a screwdriver and i got the engine to turn over and over... so could my problem be a faulty solenoid?

Smile

WEll you have probably fried the mpem by now,you see the sign that says dont boost battery in ski???Well it also means dont jump or surge the mpem and you have,if your key only beeps once long then you have wrong key or key has lost commm. with mpem,try pulling pump off to see if it or engine is locked up,usually these doos are hard on solenoids and if an engine has locked up 9 out of 10 times solenoid will fry when person keeps trying to start seized engine or locked pump.JMHO>Marvin

i honestly didnt see the sign that said dont boost the battery. When i put the key in, it beeps twice, i push the start stop button and i hear a clicking by the black box, i took the black boxs cover off and i think the relay is the one clicking. how will i know if the mpem is bad?

an update, apparently my ground cable was dirty, so i cleaned all my cables up, and i added di electric grease to all the connections. now with the sparkplugs out she turns over nicely with the key and the start/stop button. but when i put the spark plugs in, its hard for it to turn over, like it does a half turn and stops. i put some gas down the cylinder and she actually fired and turned on for a few secs then she shut off, and i got a lot of smoke from the engine bay. i kept trying to turn her on, but she only turns over half way...any suggestion to why this would happen? thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Badboyr6 View Post
    an update, apparently my ground cable was dirty, so i cleaned all my cables up, and i added di electric grease to all the connections. now with the sparkplugs out she turns over nicely with the key and the start/stop button. but when i put the spark plugs in, its hard for it to turn over, like it does a half turn and stops. i put some gas down the cylinder and she actually fired and turned on for a few secs then she shut off, and i got a lot of smoke from the engine bay. i kept trying to turn her on, but she only turns over half way...any suggestion to why this would happen? thanks
    whats the conditon of the battery? sounds like a weak battery

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information