+1

UWP to promote races independently

UWP to promote races independently
    Upstate Watercraft Promotions, Inc (UWP) is proud to announce a restructure that will allow UWP to focus on developing racing in the United States.UWP has been the leading US promoter in innovation and racer pay-out. UWP believes that promoting races independently will allow them to focus totally on developing their circuit for the racing community and as a host for national level events.

UWP is an independent organization but will continue to promote personal watercraft racing and will follow international rules and guidelines set by the IJSBA as well as work with other associations so that competitors will be able to enjoy easy integration into UWP events.

While this does signal a departure from the relationship with the APBA racing establishment, UWP recognizes the value they have provided in forwarding the sport and wishes them continued success in their endeavors. UWP supports racers attending all races and events produced by any safe and professional organizer.

AJ at UWP stated today, “This is a win for our racers in offering new opportunities and for UWP to take our business in new directions.” AJ further said that “we have to be more innovative in how we produce and market our sport during these difficult economic times – we at UWP are looking forward to racing into the future with the exciting new developments!”

A new membership package will soon be announced. This membership will include numerous benefits- including membership in the American Watercraft Association (AWA).

UWP believes that this is an important part of our sport and encourages all PWC enthusiasts to join the AWA and their fight for your right to ride! This will also be a continued indication to the OEMs that we take all PWC issues seriously and will encourage the manufacturers to increase their support for grassroots racing and propel the sport into the next level.

Upstate Watercraft Promotions was established in 1995, and has been the grassroots to racing providing today’s racing for tomorrow’s world champions. For more information about the UWP and grassroots racing, visit www.uwpinc.com or call A.J. Handler (585) 330-0742.

###

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    i am all for change but i see this going back to when there was the USWRA and the APBA.

+1

rules

i geuss that means we will be running by ijsba rules? so do we need the membership package? i guess if we plan on going to nationals we need apba and uwp (for reg as well as attend other region races to qualify for nats?

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by born riding View Post
    i geuss that means we will be running by ijsba rules? so do we need the membership package? i guess if we plan on going to nationals we need apba and uwp (for reg as well as attend other region races to qualify for nats?
    Barrett,

my understanding of this is that they will be going by IJSBA rules. your gonna need the UWP plan to run in region 8 and your gonna need the APBA to run @ nats. the apba isn't that bad considering there is a few races with in a couple hours of driving time of you...

if you do one race, aka a double round weekend, you qualify for nationals... the only thing you aren't getting is the high points.

i am focusing more on the tour stops this year than the regional stuff....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by born riding View Post
    Plus the Runabout rules between the IJSBA and the APBA aren't as different as they were last year.

You could always go to the race at Lake Norman to qualify for nationals.

Thread Information