Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

How's the economy affecting your project?

I see a lot of folks having to pull in the reins on their projects, which is a sad byproduct of our times. How is the economy affecting your conversion or performance project?

I was planning on picking up another engine for a dream ski, but that's on hold until things shake out.

+1
    Very very good topic, I cant wait to read the outcome.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    The Ag sector has been pretty much insulated for now. I got no problems with access to cash for my project. My company was strong this year and everyone got their raises and bonuses.
    With Ag we are usually a year or two behind due to farmers selling new crop the previous year. we;ll see what happens next year. I might be singing a different tune

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    The Ag sector has been pretty much insulated for now. I got no problems with access to cash for my project. My company was strong this year and everyone got their raises and bonuses.
    With Ag we are usually a year or two behind due to farmers selling new crop the previous year. we;ll see what happens next year. I might be singing a different tune
    I'm in the automotive sector if that tells you anything

+1
    Seems either the economy is better than we've been led to believe, or folks don't care to discuss how it affects them?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I'm in the automotive sector if that tells you anything
    Construction here...my slo-azz build went into hybernation.

+1
    I was really considering a GPRXP conversion but, I am in save mode right now with my funds. I am lucky enough to have a great job and be very busy but seeing so many friends lose there jobs out of the blue makes me save all extra funds for the just in case factor. Hope things change for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedJunky View Post
    I was really considering a GPRXP conversion but, I am in save mode right now with my funds. I am lucky enough to have a great job and be very busy but seeing so many friends lose there jobs out of the blue makes me save all extra funds for the just in case factor. Hope things change for next season.
    Oh, so I have a chance to catch up this year?

I'm doing some very minor things on my ski this year along with some general maintenance procedures. Going to a type 9 silicone intakes IC instead of the larger type 3 which most people use. Also having a bracket made up for the type 3. Going to be switching SC's again so mine will be up for sale in about 2 to 3 weeks, if anyone is interested let me know it's listed in my signature. I think I'm going to take the pump wedge off too, so that might be going up for sale. Installing a rule 500 bilge pump. Finally installing the IC strainer that has been sitting on my desk for 2 years. Painting the chrome pieces black and taking out the mirrors. Getting an all black jettrim seat cover (mid slip). Swapping grips to some ODI's. I'd like to get some hydroturf mats, but we'll see how funds go. Might try Ross Nemo's throttle body mod for the 4tecs if I have some extra cash laying around this summer too. IF gas prices stay down I'm going to be riding A LOT more, so wrenching may take a back burner.

+1
    im in talks for picking up a hull. but im going to stash it if i buy it.

I'm wanting a FZR in a bad way but in a holding pattern for now. I'm busy at work but people all around me are loosing their jobs and the wife is concerned about hers.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information