+1

how can I tell if my EFI controller is dead?

The efi controller on the ported 1300 used the recommended fuel settings a bunch of you had given me (can't remember them off the top of my head)...the non ported 1300 used 11s across the board even on the setting that is normally 1 to 3 on the Riva EFI. I'm sending out all of my injectors to be rebuilt so I can have a fresh start this summer but any input while I still have money in this wonderful economy will let me spend it before I remind myself I have bills.

Mike

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MJE View Post
    The efi controller on the ported 1300 used the recommended fuel settings a bunch of you had given me (can't remember them off the top of my head)...the non ported 1300 used 11s across the board even on the setting that is normally 1 to 3 on the Riva EFI. I'm sending out all of my injectors to be rebuilt so I can have a fresh start this summer but any input while I still have money in this wonderful economy will let me spend it before I remind myself I have bills.

Mike
    On the trailer start the ski and you should see the green light flashing, Then just hit the throttle a little and then you should see the yellow flashing, Then just snap the throttle wide open quickly and you should see the red light flashing. Also look at the ground wire at the end they tend to go bad there. If you see all that then the controller is good.

same question for me , only the green is blinking , nothing else , and the settings don't appear to work at all .
    the groung seems to be ok , what can i check ?

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by gzk View Post
    same question for me , only the green is blinking , nothing else , and the settings don't appear to work at all .
    the groung seems to be ok , what can i check ?
    At Idle only the green will blink, Once you give it partial throttle then the yellow will come on and at full throttle then the red will come on. Don't have the last setting past the 6 setting because it will switch way to to high on the rpm range.

Also make sure there is no corrosion on the harness plugs and on the efi plugs.

+1
    GZK, what Jim is telling you is correct. But as we found out on his boat, it ended up being his throttle bodies that were messed up. One of the sensors were bad. We tried my efi controller on his ski and it worked fine. Then we switched out throttle bodies and it worked fine, so we figured it was the throttle body sensors going bad. We fixed his problem which seems to be the same situation that your in right now.
    Personally, I would send my throttle bodies and injectors to JIM1300. He can clean your injectors and test out your sensors for you. He has good prices and is honest as they come.
    SHOOTER

+1
    what I'm saying is on my ported machine I have say "7,7,3,7" or something...

on my non ported 1300 it will NOT run above 2k rpms unless I have all of the efi settings at 11,11,11,11...the lights work fine but with that machine becoming a 1390 this year I don't want any problems. I plan to send out all of the injectors to be rebuilt/reconditioned as well. Just concerned with a non ported ski that will not run without 11,11,11,11 and I've also swapped my special "ross-made" 43mm TB's between skis and I get the same results needing 11's on the non ported machine.

Thread Information