Thread: 2009 Boat Show

2009 Boat Show

The Boat Show is in Detroit this week. I am going down there today with my girlfriend and daughter. It probably won't be as flashy as usual, the economy around here is not the best. I will take my camera and take pictures on anything cool. Hopefully they have some new IS models. Maybe my girlfriend will be so caught up in the moment she will let us buy a boat! Probably not. Anyway, it will be a good time either way.

Here is the link for it www.detroitboatshow.net

+1
    It's your girlfriend...BUY AWAY!! She doesn't own you until you marry her.

I'll be checking back for some pics

I bought my pair of ski's from the show on Saturday.
    I bought my skis from K&M. They gave me a great price that I couldn't say no to!

im going to the Grand Rapids one tonight, wont be as big but I just wanna see the new sea-doos

I wish I could just buy away, but it is a little beyond that. House and cars in both our names, 5 month old daughter, I'll still be broke if we split. Although she ended wanting to buy a boat more than me. We are getting a bonus at work next month, so maybe then. As far as K&M, I saw them there. They offered me a RXPX for 10,500, or an 07 RXP 155 (new) for 7200. Another place offered a RXTX for something like 10,500 as well. They had current year GTI SE's for under 7k. Even saw a new Honda something for 6300, that was marked sold though. It was all tempting. Saw the new GTX IS. Those things are gigantic. They have a stepped hull about 2/3 back. The engine is buried in there as well. If you pop the seat it is all coved in plastic, with a cover you can pop off to get to the oil and stuff. The pic is with the square cover off. The braking system has a bucket that comes down, like a reverse bucket. But it is a screen, not solid plastic. It is seriously the Caddy of PWC, nicer than the SHO I think. They were giving stuff away there, the economy is so bad. All the PWC's were about 3k below MSRP, with financing practically free and extended warranty packages for 5 years. Boats were cheap, pontoons especially. You could get small Malibu pontoons for 10k, a 17' Smokercraft for 8k. It was crazy. I want an RXP, she wants a boat and to sell her GTI, but she said I can choose since I make more money and we would have fun either way. We will see though, any large purchases right now kinda scare me with the economy around here and our first baby to spoil. All in all though, we had a really good time. I should have took more pics. They had the little jet boat from James Bond Quantum of Solace. The GEICO powerboat and their team. The biggest yachts I have ever been on. Funniest thing, ya know that Sham Wow from the TV infomercials? My girlfriend watched a guy there do that demo for like 20 minutes. I just couldn't bring myself to get sucked in and buy one. Got free tickets from a power sports place by me to get in as well which made it even better. I am glad we went down just to support the sport, even if all we bought was some Seadoo shirts. If you get a chance to go you should.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0949.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	2.80 MB 
ID:	118156   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0950.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.82 MB 
ID:	118157   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0951.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	2.84 MB 
ID:	118158   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0952.JPG 
Views:	45 
ID:	118159   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0953.JPG 
Views:	50 
ID:	118160  

The grand rapids show was a downer...It only had one room of stuff, large room, but still only one room, like 4-5 rows of stuff. The thing that really made me angry was there were two stations of Kawi + Yami crap, and only one little tiny thing with Sea-Doos...and the guy showing them off was a joke. They didn't even have a new iS ski. Seeing the new Yamaha fzr made me laugh. For a two seater, they are gigantic. The guy trying to "sell" us one knew his stuff...but over talked the Yamaha way to much. They had a comparison on it...they compared the thing to an RXT, and faster 0-30 times. Apparently you can run a supercharger on low grade gas?Well, maybe you could, but I wouldnt (they said the fzr can run on low grade gas, but the RXT cant). I dunno, I guess I just really do not like Yamahas. After he realized we had NO interest in a yamaha, we just kinda starting talkin about sea-doos. I was talking to a Babbits dealer, who used to sell Sea-Doo, but I guess they picked up Yamaha and Sea-Doo didn't like that so they had to get rid of Sea-Doo. It makes since though, Yamaha has bikes, ATVs, PWCs...way more the Sea-Doo does, so as a dealer point of view...sadly, it was a good move. He said that a lot of dealers are dropping sea-doos though...which scares me.

I see the RXP-X in the second one, that was at the K&M booth. Yep I got one of the 2007 RXP 155's and a 2008 GTI SE from K&M. They were very nice and were more willing to give you a better deal than the other dealers.
    I agree with you that the iS models are huge. They are 137 inches long. 16 inches longer than the RXP and 10 inches longer than the GTI SE..

I agree K&M had the best prices by far. Where do you live in SE Michigan? I live in Waterford. A block away from Elizabeth Lake where I ride.

I live on Lake Orion. We're only a stones throw away from each other.

Thread Information