Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what to do next

what to do next

ok,ive fitted the riva ecu,rude1,[email protected],added a new 15/22r pitched it up,checked the grate,bottom of the hull ect all ok.I CANNOT get off the limiter,,,, end of.IM running the 22r,81 ring,i took the cover off the 3inch air filter and its worse than ever,saw 8680,i trie [email protected] and still no difference,props good,liner good,im hitting the limiter very hard and very quickly,to the point where i cant ride the ski,or at least not fast,for fear of revving out and blowing,its cold water and cold air at the moment but im stuck,just cant get off the limiter,got good holeshot,awsome excelleration,then oh so quickly 8600s with throttle to spare.COULD I ajust my throttle to suit say 8500s,im just stuck,and taking the sock off the riva 3inch gave me 100 more rpms so thats that,any ideas or help im thinkin of removing the rude1....theses are my mods..07 rxp..rude1,riva ecu,50lbs,valve upgrade,[email protected],xs intercooler,speedfreaks bracket and short pipes,riva...catchcan,thru hull exhaust,thermo,3inch air [email protected] grate girdle pumpshoe protector,15/22r pitched up,81 ring on riva nozzell REs block offs..think thats it any help COZ IM

+1
    More pitch in the prop. About the only thing you can do. You dont wana be adjusting the throttle to lose rpm. R88

Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    ok,ive fitted the riva ecu,rude1,[email protected],added a new 15/22r pitched it up,checked the grate,bottom of the hull ect all ok.I CANNOT get off the limiter,,,, end of.IM running the 22r,81 ring,i took the cover off the 3inch air filter and its worse than ever,saw 8680,i trie [email protected] and still no difference,props good,liner good,im hitting the limiter very hard and very quickly,to the point where i cant ride the ski,or at least not fast,for fear of revving out and blowing,its cold water and cold air at the moment but im stuck,just cant get off the limiter,got good holeshot,awsome excelleration,then oh so quickly 8600s with throttle to spare.COULD I ajust my throttle to suit say 8500s,im just stuck,and taking the sock off the riva 3inch gave me 100 more rpms so thats that,any ideas or help im thinkin of removing the rude1....theses are my mods..07 rxp..rude1,riva ecu,50lbs,valve upgrade,[email protected],xs intercooler,speedfreaks bracket and short pipes,riva...catchcan,thru hull exhaust,thermo,3inch air [email protected] grate girdle pumpshoe protector,15/22r pitched up,81 ring on riva nozzell REs block offs..think thats it any help COZ IM
    +1 what about more pitch say 15/24

Quote Originally Posted by r88ory rxp View Post
    more pitch in the prop. About the only thing you can do. You dont wana be adjusting the throttle to lose rpm. R88
    im thinkin of putting the x charger on,starting to piss me off....

Quote Originally Posted by busa504 View Post
    +1 what about more pitch say 15/24
    THATS ALL THATS LEFT I THINK....GOT EXCELL AND PULL JUST CANT GET OFF THAT LIMITER REMOVING THE SOCK GAVE ME 100 MORE

+1
    I can think of worse problems to have. Pitch that prop up to a 15/25 and then see where you're at. If you go to far on the pitch then you can back the pitch off some or go to a bigger ring. Good luck. It sounds like you are making some serious horsepower.

+1
    Thats a good problem. Increase pitch and smaller nozzle. I think you can order a 80mm on GH. Whats the water/air temps? Has to be really cold in Great Britain right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Thats a good problem. Increase pitch and smaller nozzle. I think you can order a 80mm on GH. Whats the water/air temps? Has to be really cold in Great Britain right now.
    ye,we cold allright.. the boats on steroids....but how far to bend...15/25 been suggestted

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    I can think of worse problems to have. Pitch that prop up to a 15/25 and then see where you're at. If you go to far on the pitch then you can back the pitch off some or go to a bigger ring. Good luck. It sounds like you are making some serious horsepower.
    15/25....you animal... the boat is good,very good,and its cold here,maybe i need winter and summer prop,gona get it professionally repitched,...do you know what a 1mm ring gives or takes away

+1
    I'm suggesting 15/25 with an 83 ring but not less then 15/24. You say you already repitched it past 15/22? !5/25 is not that far away with a size change on the nozzle exit.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information