Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

2007 GTX Limited 215

I'm picking up a 2007 GTX Limited (215) 0 hours. Smokin price of $9750 on a trailer with 2 SD life jackets included. I'm looking for a little more speed while still having good hook up. I'll be riding in the Gulf and backwaters.
    My questions are.......

1) Anyone had good luck with aftermarket grates? If so which one?
    2) Does this ski still has ceramic washers? I got different answers from dealer

Thank you!

Smile

i also have a 2007 gtx limited -- it has the old ceramic washers in it ( well mine did un-tell i put a greenwheel in it )if you start upgrading with after market products -- becareful it gets addictive -- i started with the riva stage one kit --then i had the SC rebuilt and had a greenwheel put in -so that caused me to have to go from a 14-17r impeller to a 14/19r --filled in the ride plate holes and installed a stainless steel insert -- oil catch can -blow off valve for the SC-amsoil synthetic ( that oil does not screw up the SC)-worx sponsons -- man there are a number of other things i did but i just can't remember off of the top of my head -- its sat. morning and i'm still trying to wake up --i did have trouble with going way to high on the rev. limiter for some reason my ski won't cap at 8100 rpms i was hitting 8220 thus causing me to get a 15/20r impeller -- to cold here to try it out yet -- can't wait for some warmer weather to get out on the bay ---with my ski and doing the upgrades was to get the kids out in my area to to stop messing with "old dad " all my upgrades was limited to keep my ski looking and sounding stock -- with my gps and the old 14/17r impeller i was hitting 72 mph --i can't wait to see how the 15/20r does --and the younger kids with their 2 seaters aren't able to catch "old dad " anymore -- but then i haven't come across any of the younger crowd that modded their ski's -- but that will come and i will get smoked

That's a great deal!

1. For that price, go ahead and add Riva's stage 1, but look at a 4" air intake in lieu of the riva's 3". You can make one for cheap money.
    2. You do have ceramics, so you should change them out.

+1
    Thanks for the advise guys. Honestly this ski will just be for cruising around. I will do no mods but maybe a aftermarket grate (only if it helps)
    Last edited by driveumhard; 02-21-2009 at 10:11 AM. Reason: sp

+1
    you may also want the wedge.. with it there is a big difference in the ride

the only 2 grates i have used is the stock and the riva that came with the riva stage one kit --and its hard to compare the two -- when i had the riva grate put on it was in addition to everything else that came with the kit -- it seems to hook a bit better but with the added improvements i can't really say -- i ride in smooth and chop out on the rivers and bay and it seems to stay hooked up okay -- the wedge makes a suprising diffrence

+1
    Can anyone post up real numbers useing only an aftermarket grate?
    I'm guessing this thing will run 64-65mph just like the 07 RXT. I will add a grate if I can gain another 2 mph. If not I will leave it alone.

get the itch and get a riva stage one kit -- then watch your cash flow into the ski with other upgrades !

if u put the riva grate on you'll need the wedge when you add the wedge you'll lose hole shot but will gain top end if ur not going to do the full riva stage I then i would just leave the stock grate on but i would get metal washers put in the s/c they didn't start putting metal washers in untill 08

+1
    If you send me your s.c. And new washers i will put them in for free. todd

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information