Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Riva Pump Ext. on RXT

Why wont Riva's Pump Extension work on an RXT? Is it the drive Shaft?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SCR View Post
    Why wont Riva's Pump Extension work on an RXT? Is it the drive Shaft?
    Yes the rxt driveshaft is a different length than the rxp but dont worry riva is making a kit for the rxt and you can pre order it from the online store here,

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Actually, the incompatibility of the extension has more to do with mounting hardware... studs vs bolts.

I'm certain Riva will figure out a cure, but for now it will only work on the RXT-X... which has the same mounting hardware as a RXP/P-X.

BTW... rab1 is correct about the different lengths of the shafts... as many know, the RXP/P-X shafts are longer than RXT shafts.

Quote Originally Posted by 05Limited View Post
    Actually, the incompatibility of the extension has more to do with mounting hardware... studs vs bolts.

I'm certain Riva will figure out a cure, but for now it will only work on the RXT-X... which has the same mounting hardware as a RXP/P-X.

BTW... rab1 is correct about the different lengths of the shafts... as many know, the RXP/P-X shafts are longer than RXT shafts.
    I knew the shafts were different in length from the P to the T models. I was trying to figure out why the extension would wrk on the RXTX but not the RXT.

I was told it was the way it mounts up to the skis but I wasnt sure why the mounting would be different.

Thanks for your help.

RXT-X have the same pump support as RXP or RXP-X.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP6 View Post
    RXT-X have the same pump support as RXP or RXP-X.
    Yes they do but you still need a different length driveshaft because the T-X is shorter than the RXP and RXP-X

Quote Originally Posted by SCR View Post
    I knew the shafts were different in length from the P to the T models. I was trying to figure out why the extension would wrk on the RXTX but not the RXT.

I was told it was the way it mounts up to the skis but I wasnt sure why the mounting would be different.

Thanks for your help.
    SCR, I see you ride offshore, you should really do the ride plate/shoe RXT-X conversion on your ski, it makes a huge difference offshore... with this done you can use the Riva extension, just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by ActionR32 View Post
    SCR, I see you ride offshore, you should really do the ride plate/shoe RXT-X conversion on your ski, it makes a huge difference offshore... with this done you can use the Riva extension, just my .02

I have considered converting the ride plate? shoe to that of an X model. I had two concerns about doing so.

1st concern was that of the tunnel strength.
    A friend had 1 RXTX sink on him 3 miles offshore when the tunnel cracked open and his second RXTX tried doing the same thing except the bilge pump saved him. So now he along with a few others have reinforced the pump tunnels similar to what the conversion guys do to the GPRs.

2nd concern was speed loss.
    I can totally see an X model hull having superior hook up over a standard RXT in rough water. My question is how much speed do you loose with that larger intake?

How much harder is it to get an RXTX up to 80mph? Is there much of a difference between the RXT and RXTX as far as top end speed when setup with the same horsepower?

I been running this conversion on my 2005 RXT since May of last year with no issues, my suggestion is for you to re-inforce the tunnel.

I lost 3 to 4 miles on top end but got them back by using a different size ventury ring. my goal is to get up to 80mph on the RXT, I think it's doable with the X ski.

+1
    I thought the RXT and RXT-X had the same exact hull.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information