Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Did oil change in september...

Did oil change on my 08 215sc motors in september ,fresh oil put 1 hour on it and witerized the boat . Its only been 5 months ,do I have to change the oil again or am I good to go . Plus this was my 10 hour oil change ,if I do keep it in there what would be the next hour mark to change it to give the motor the best life? Thankyou

For peace of mind,change it & filter too after a warm up.
    This is my "go to guy" for reasonable prices on the seadoo oil & filter.
    http://www.neversatisfiedmotorsports.com/

The ski will tell you after the 10 hour mark has been reached. Trust me, a Sea Doo Biological clock is worst than any women when it's "TIME" to hit the sack From what I read from your post, I'll ride it untill you see the "Maintenance warning" flashes on the MPEM dash, then it's time to talk to Ole Buds and system and tell stories how good my Doo was all winter ...and why I am here to take this doctor Doo's appointment, whether I like it or not. do you want the short version of this?

+1
    Jammer, he's already done the 10 hour change. I changed mine at 10 and 16 hours for peace of mind. I'm at 30 now and will change it again. Then I'll start doing 15-20 hour intervals. I'm probably changing it way more often then required but it's a boosted hypo motor so what the heck.

+1
    I've always changed oil at the 10 hour mark. Then about every 35-40 hours. The oil is black after about 20 hours so the more often you change the better IMO.

+1
    My oil still looks crystal clear at 14 hours of use. Black at 20 sounds like bad rings and blowby.

some people say change ur oil in the fall and again in the spring i think thats a wast of money i change mine every season that usually 30-40 hrs i do mine in the spring but have done it in the fall, the only thing about changeing oil in the fall is u might get some moisture in the crank case from condensation but that will evaporate once the motor gets good & warmed up. my modded ski gets changed every 10 hrs

If you change the oil in the fall, you just don't ride the ski again until the spring. Riding it for a short time just adds contamination that you don't want sitting in the engine all winter...

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    Jammer, he's already done the 10 hour change. I changed mine at 10 and 16 hours for peace of mind. I'm at 30 now and will change it again. Then I'll start doing 15-20 hour intervals. I'm probably changing it way more often then required but it's a boosted hypo motor so what the heck.
    Oh, O K This is how I do mine. I change oil and filter and spark plugs every 10 hours. I go by hours and not by season. The viscosity of the oil I am more concern when the oil starts breaking down after the prolong hours of use in the engine. My mentality sometimes dissagree with my wallet My wallet always loses

So if I leave it and change it after 10 more hours of use you think I pushing it ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information