First time out with my Modded RXP

Ok guys so as of the last month or so ive been modding my 07 RXP with the things in my sig. Minus the injectors which ive yet to put in. So the water was 57 degrees the air 54 with a light chop on the river the ski had no leaks which i was happy for thank god. I putted around for a bit to make sure things were g2g and then went for a few runs. Managed to hit 8220rpm at 75mph what do you guys think about that? I have a few question about some things i noticed. First im sure you guys know what a blow off valve sounds like but while i was out it sounded like that noise all them time under any throttle position is this normal oh and i dont have a BOV installed YET. Next question i was at idle trim all the way down and punched it out of the hole the ski jumped up quick and bucked. What do i need to do to correct this or is there a way?

Banned User
    +1
    Sounds like...

- Too many RPMS, repitch the prop to bring the RPM's down and increase speed...

- What BOV are you using? and is it hooked up with a vacuum line?

sounds good i was reading the thread that said to increase prop pitch and or do the smaller nozzle. I dont have a BOV so the sound im hearing i dont know what it is. That is what the sound sounds like though.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonstang88 View Post
    sounds good i was reading the thread that said to increase prop pitch and or do the smaller nozzle. I dont have a BOV so the sound im hearing i dont know what it is. That is what the sound sounds like though.

The the sound you are hearing is the acoutic resonatoing sound from the C5 and the plastic Riva intake.....which you MIGHT want to consider getting rid of in favor of a Kanaflex style to feed that massive C5...

Swap the air intake, repitch that prop, adjust the trim ring, and you will gain a LOT...I'm gonna say push 77-78's with that setup...

Maybe even change the R&D intake grate for a Riva....less drag, but also less hookup in chop...

Good advice thanks so much i was kinda thinking thats what that sound was its coming from close to the front of the motor/ski which is where the filters at so. Ive started buying the Kanaflex set now just waiting to get it all in and as for the nozzle i have to find someone selling a used on or i think ebays got one for 245 shipped so. I cant wait to see how it will run when the rest of my stuff gets here. Like i said this last summer before i put the ski up it was 100% stock and ive done all these mods at once so its a pretty big night and day diff. Well thanks again for your input.

get ur nozzle machine 2 fit the rings give dirty sanchese a yell he can take care of the machine work and the rings r 44.95 less 10%

+1
    Danny is right, you should be able to hit 77 - 78 with that setup once it is dialed in. Either tweak the trailing edge of your 15/20 by 1-2mm, or do the adjustable nozzle like yellow jacket says. An 81mm ring should pull your rpms down and gain speed, aim for 8100 rpms, you might even need an 80mm ring.

Thread Information