Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Duckbill Idea

+1

Duckbill Idea

Some talk on the RXP board about duckbills a couple of weeks ago. When I went and dissasembled the RXP they have a very nice drainplug system. They use a drainplug that has a scupper ball inside of them to prevent water from reentering the ski. Unfortuntely they are a little too large to use in the stock GPR hole, but I think they will be worth the effort of enlarging the holes.

On top of that, I'm going to use these, in conjunction with the duckbills made for stock seadoo drainplugs. I figured that would be a nice way to improve upon the leak-prone duckbills.

However, I can't remember where I bought them from. It was like Atlantic Products or something like that. I don't even know if they will fit the SeaDoo plug.

The RXP Drain Plug part number is...

+1
    thats it. thanks.

Whats wrong with the stock drain plug?

+1
    I like the scupper valve inside the Seadoo one. It prevents water from entering the hull.

Quote Originally Posted by myth
    If you remove the syphon bildge from the pump you need to have a way to quickly drain the water that may enter the hull.

The downer is the duckbills only dump water when your moving and sometimes (like in my case,) they alow water in when your sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by RXPkiller
    Quote Originally Posted by myth
    If you remove the syphon bildge from the pump you need to have a way to quickly drain the water that may enter the hull.

The downer is the duckbills only dump water when your moving and sometimes (like in my case,) they alow water in when your sitting.
    I understand now. I never saw where it was mentioned about removing the bildge. Cool.

[quote

The downer is the duckbills only dump water when your moving and sometimes (like in my case,) they alow water in when your sitting. [/quote]

The key is to keep the duckbills soft. Apply some type of light greast to the inside of the bill flap. I mean a light coat not, I used white lythium grease. Rub it on like suntan lotion, inside and out. You need to do this as often as you can when you use your ski alot. Plus it keeps them from drying out and cracking.

+1
    Mick
    that sounds nice and all, but I've been using duckbills for years. I still use them, and they work, except SOMETHING always corrupts them and it's usually on the water, and I usually find out about it, after I get the ski on the trailer.

The beauty of the check ball'd seadoo valves, is that IN CONJUNCTION with the duck bills should make for a nice 1-2 punch at keeping the water out, the entire time you are at the lake.

+1
    ttt

I removed the drain plugs from my RXP and I am thinking about installed them in my conversion. I do like the scupper/checkball design.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information