water in water box?

ok so this might sound silly but how important is it to empty waterbox after every ride especially after salt water riding. i know you run clean water thru the jetski after each ride and give a few squirts on the throttle to empty water box but i have noticed that even if i start the ski an hour later, a day later, a week later that fair amount of water still comes out of the exhaust. so really what i'm asking is there a way emptying the water box without having to restart the jetski a million times! am i doing something wrong?

Dont worry it has baffles in the water box and its hard to get it all out in a few squirts of the throttle.
    Its aluminium so it wont rust on you.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by prasino thereo View Post
    ok so this might sound silly but how important is it to empty waterbox after every ride especially after salt water riding. i know you run clean water thru the jetski after each ride and give a few squirts on the throttle to empty water box but i have noticed that even if i start the ski an hour later, a day later, a week later that fair amount of water still comes out of the exhaust. so really what i'm asking is there a way emptying the water box without having to restart the jetski a million times! am i doing something wrong?

Just ensure you give the ski some GOOD big revs to remove as much as possible,

I always start my ski 2 or so after riding to get as much as possible out,

AFter having skiies for years I now run my ski after flushing for a far bit of time, not enough to damage but enough time to get the wet areas as hot and dry as possible, Some have said that the rust forming the back of exhaust valves cause them to break after time some times I shut it down just as the temp buzzer comes on, but still giving the ski so blips on the throttle.....But this is just MY method...

Waz

JUst DONT leave heaps of eater in the box as condensation rises up towards open vales, spark plugs etc.......

+1
    re-run it every 2 days for the first week after a salt water ride....

ok so does it matter at what angle the ski is on the trailer when flushing ski with clean water (level, 30, 45, 60 degrees......)? will this effect how much water comes out of the exhaust?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by prasino thereo View Post
    ok so does it matter at what angle the ski is on the trailer when flushing ski with clean water (level, 30, 45, 60 degrees......)? will this effect how much water comes out of the exhaust?
    angle doesn't matter as the water is pushed out from exhaust gas pressure it actually has to rise up out of the muffler/waterbox. i flush mine with the nose up then i leave it that way for a week to let all water drain to the back and usually start every day or so to blow out any remaining water i also use my garden blower to dry the inside of the ski out. maybe if you join our melbourne forum in my signature i can give you some advise on a planned ride one day!!

Thread Information