+1

Gp1300r oil pump

Hi guy's, i put 30 hours last summer on my gp1300 and i used close to a gallon of oil. it seem not much to me. i bought it at 30hrs with a new rebuilt engine. (oil pump failure) and now i have 60hrs on it and i was not able to empty the only gallon of oil of the summer. In the 30hrs run it was run 85% of the time at a cruising speed of around 40 MPH and the rest was cose to WOT. I know you guy's going to tell me to go premix but i would rather stay with the oil pump. it seem that yamaha haven't been able to built a better pump in all these years.
    Is there a way to make those pump more reliable or did someone else like Riva or anybody else had ever built some aftermarket pump.

If it's not enough oil, what would be more appropriate.
    thank's

If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brisyl View Post
    Hi guy's, i put 30 hours last summer on my gp1300 and i used close to a gallon of oil. it seem not much to me. i bought it at 30hrs with a new rebuilt engine. (oil pump failure) and now i have 60hrs on it and i was not able to empty the only gallon of oil of the summer. In the 30hrs run it was run 85% of the time at a cruising speed of around 40 MPH and the rest was cose to WOT. I know you guy's going to tell me to go premix but i would rather stay with the oil pump. it seem that yamaha haven't been able to built a better pump in all these years.
    Is there a way to make those pump more reliable or did someone else like Riva or anybody else had ever built some aftermarket pump.

If it's not enough oil, what would be more appropriate.
    thank's
    It is rare that an oil pump fails, most of the time an oil line falls off...

+1
    It's been awhile since I have payed any attention to oil levels on my ski's but I thought I remember filling the oil tank about 1 time every 4 or so tanks of gas.... But keep in mind this wouldn't be filling the oil tank from empty, just filling it from half or so down...

30 hours on one tank of oil seems like VERY little oil usage...

I`m pretty sure I went thru the better of 2 gallons for 50 hours...

i will get all the rest i need when im dead corkycat's Avatar
    +1
    i know you say that you dont want to go premix and i bet i know why!!!
    am i right in saying---
    venturing into the unknown??
    ripping the oilpump off a lot of hastle??
    thinking something may go wrong??

thats what i thaught anyway and pondered over it for over 12mths
    let me tell you this coming from somebody that was adament that i wasnt going to go premix...... DO IT the reason bieng its easy to do (just time consuming if you are doing it correctly) also i was amazed how easilly the oil pipes just fell off when i converted
    my ski runs smoother, better, and i now know my ski will remain getting the correct amount off oil EVERY tankfull of fuel.
    the blanking plate is pence/better than a $1500 rebuild

+1
    the only reason why i don't want to get rid of the oil pump it's that i don't want to start messing around with mixing gas each and every time i stop to the tank. that's why i was asking if there was a reliable way to set the ski with an oil pump.

Where does those line come off? on the pump or on the engine? and is there a way to solve that problem?

i will get all the rest i need when im dead corkycat's Avatar
    +1
    you could secure all lines using tie wraps or small metal grip clips,, when i removed my pump i found that all that was holding the pin on the end of the oil pump was a small bent peice of what i can only describe as wire
    dont get me wrong it was still working when i removed it but it broke in the palm of my hand....
    mixing fuel is easy just pour 500mls of oil for every 20L of fuel simples

+1
    thank's for your info and if i keep the pump, i'm going to check those hoses

Thread Information