Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

SHO/FZR Interchangable parts with GPR

Just wondering since the SHO/FZR have same size pump as the GPR 155mm what parts are interchangable? Impellers? the whole pump? nozzle outlet?

any ideas....

I was thinking the same thing.

+1
    Not sure about the wear ring or other components, but I know that the shafts are not the same size since we had to wait on a new holding tool to be made. Thus the prop is not.

+1
    Wear rings and Nozzles are interchangeable but you may have to tap it for the reverse bucket brackets (easy).

There are twp GPR nozzles one is 87mm wide ad the other is 85mm which will help with getting the RPM's up.

The 87mm XLT nozzle will also work but it is only a 3 degree angle (87mm)

I am looking for a sho nozzle and have just about every other one.

+1
    if I owned a SHO I would try ...

a Solas Dynafly impeller with a 85 mm GPR pump nozzle

a GPR Protec steering nozzle cut to the stock length would appear to be another good idea

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post
    if I owned a SHO I would try ...

a Solas Dynafly impeller with a 85 mm GPR pump nozzle

a GPR Protec steering nozzle cut to the stock length would appear to be another good idea
    The SHO pump is 155mm(I think). The SHO shaft is a larger diamater, so a DF wouldn't fit. So far the only aftermarket prop option we have is Skat Trak, so hopefully Solas will have something for us soon. I haven't measured the nozzle on the SHO, but once I get it back from having warranty work done I'll check it. All my GPR nozzles have had the siphon tubes removed, so I'm not sure how accurately I could test the difference.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    The SHO pump is 155mm(I think). The SHO shaft is a larger diamater, so a DF wouldn't fit. So far the only aftermarket prop option we have is Skat Trak, so hopefully Solas will have something for us soon. I haven't measured the nozzle on the SHO, but once I get it back from having warranty work done I'll check it. All my GPR nozzles have had the siphon tubes removed, so I'm not sure how accurately I could test the difference.

I do know the spline end has a larger OD but does the prop side ? Carl @ Island would know for sure. Or could see if it uses the same bearings.

+1
    solas has FZR impellers listed on their website = if they are on the web site there is a good chance you can order them

if not and you are in a hurry take a GPR Dynafly and get it massaged to make it fit (similar to how we take a VX110 impeller and get it drill and taped for the GPR driveshaft and then somehow deal with the impeller tool issue (on VX this requires welding in a piece that has notches on it a tool can grab)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    I do know the spline end has a larger OD but does the prop side ? Carl @ Island would know for sure. Or could see if it uses the same bearings.
    I just went out to get a measurement...I don't have the SHO here to get a measurement on the shaft itself, so I compared the hubs from a DF & my stock SHO prop. There is a 3mm difference...SHO prop 25mm, DF 22mm. GPR shaft was 20mm.

I've also been wondering if there is a difference in total length for the driveshaft, wear ring, pump & nozzle. In the conversion threads, I've seen people post that the SHO pump & driveline will bolt right into a GPR, but it looks like it hangs further off the transom. Reason I ask is I'm planning a coversion, and wondering if the handling will be different or should I consider using a GPR pump/wear ring. Anyone know what the lenghth of the pump assmbly is on a GPR?

Pics from one of the GPR-SHO's:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78958

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    I just went out to get a measurement...I don't have the SHO here to get a measurement on the shaft itself, so I compared the hubs from a DF & my stock SHO prop. There is a 3mm difference...SHO prop 25mm, DF 22mm. GPR shaft was 20mm.

I've also been wondering if there is a difference in total length for the driveshaft, wear ring, pump & nozzle. In the conversion threads, I've seen people post that the SHO pump & driveline will bolt right into a GPR, but it looks like it hangs further off the transom. Reason I ask is I'm planning a coversion, and wondering if the handling will be different or should I consider using a GPR pump/wear ring. Anyone know what the lenghth of the pump assmbly is on a GPR?

Pics from one of the GPR-SHO's:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78958
    We will soon find out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information