Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 F12

+1

2004 F12

Guys, I am helping a guy get his ski ready for the Spring/Summer. I have already ordered oil, filter and plugs. I took the ski out today before changing the oil, plugs, etc, and got 41.7 on GPS at 6650 RPM (range 6610 - 6670). The ski ran what I think is below average. I don't know...I am a SeaDoo owner. Can you guys tell me what the optimal RPM and average stock speed is on this thing?

After I get this one going, I have his 2004/2005 R12X to work on. Thanks in advance for the help. --Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    I took the ski out today before changing the oil, plugs, etc, and got 41.7 on GPS at 6650 RPM (range 6610 - 6670).
    That doesn't sound possible on a stock F-12x. The rpm's seem high even, and the gps'd speed is way off. You Should be running around 65 mph at those rpms. Honda's don't normally reach those speeds. Sounds like an impeller problem. Sorry I don't have more to offer.

seems like this is the non turbo version which tops out around 50-55, i think its still slow, i bet impeller too, how many hours on the ski?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dman25 View Post
    seems like this is the non turbo version which tops out around 50-55, i think its still slow, i bet impeller too, how many hours on the ski?
    35 hours on the ski. They guy keeps on a floating dock and in the elements. The top half of the ski looks decent, but the bottom part of the hull and pump area look bad...like he has kept it in the water for some length of time.

What are the ideal/optimal RPMs for the non-turbo skis? I guess I will be pulling the pump.

+1
    I pulled the pump and looked at the impeller...JUNK. The leading edges are all bent up.

Also, when I removed the pump cone, the grease looked like milky coffee and seemed to be a bit "runny" for grease. Does this mean the pump bearings, etc need to be replaced or is that the type of grease I should expect to find in the Hondas?

I pulled the pump and looked at the impeller...JUNK. The leading edges are all bent up.

Also, when I removed the pump cone, the grease looked like milky coffee and seemed to be a bit "runny" for grease. Does this mean the pump bearings, etc need to be replaced or is that the type of grease I should expect to find in the Hondas?
    YAY I was right! Thats all about I can help you with. I dont know too much, I've only had a ski for a few months now.

I build Horsepower
    +1
    The grease is "runny" because the factory grease is EPA friendly. It does not necessarily mean you have bad seals.

On the Honda's I recommend that you pull and inspect the pump 2X a season. Its just good/cheap insurance to prevent problems.

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by dman25 View Post
    YAY I was right!
    Hold on Dman you agreed with my guessignosis. I was right FIRST!

Just Play'n

Rock on!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroShark View Post
    The grease is "runny" because the factory grease is EPA friendly. It does not necessarily mean you have bad seals.

On the Honda's I recommend that you pull and inspect the pump 2X a season. Its just good/cheap insurance to prevent problems.

Shawn
    "EPA friendly" ...Does that mean runny and dripping out of bearings and cone when the cone is removed? I am use to the SeaDoo pump grease which is thick like a paste. This grease in the Honda has more of a liquid consistancy versus a paste or thick grease. Maybe a picture/video is in order here?

I am helping a buddy out and just want to make sure everything is straight o his ski for the season.

Anyone know what the OEM prop pitch is? Anyone have one laying around?

+1
    "EPA friendly" ...Does that mean runny and dripping out of bearings and cone when the cone is removed? I am use to the SeaDoo pump grease which is thick like a paste. This grease in the Honda has more of a liquid consistancy versus a paste or thick grease. Maybe a picture/video is in order here?

I am helping a buddy out and just want to make sure everything is straight o his ski for the season.

Anyone know what the OEM prop pitch is? Anyone have one laying around?
    Yep....the Honda grease is a runny, light coffee colored EPA grease. Flush the pump with an o-ring friendly solvent. With a new impeller installed, tilt the pump at 45 degree angle and fill it with marine grade gear oil (from the cone end), then re-install the cone.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information