Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rxp Exhaust

Rxp Exhaust

Im looking to buy exhaust for my RXP. I want an exhaust that sounds good but that is not extremly loud. Is there anything on the market like that. I also dont want to have to cut a hole in my hull.

Thanks
    John

Quote Originally Posted by John_29455 View Post
    Im looking to buy exhaust for my RXP. I want an exhaust that sounds good but that is not extremly loud. Is there anything on the market like that. I also dont want to have to cut a hole in my hull.

Thanks
    John
    If you want good sound you're going to have to cut the hole. Your only option when sticking with the stock exhaust location is the free flow and most people don't like it. Drill the thru hull hole and get a Riva thru hull pipe for your stock waterbox or get the riva waterbox.

+1
    If your looking to do and exhaust without cutting a hole in the hull this is about your only option:

larger image

Exhaust Kit, Free Flow, $149.95

Replaces the restrictive sound suppression system located between the water box and hull exit on your watercraft. Improves engine performance by reducing back pressure and harmful detonation. Includes mandrel bent aluminum tubing that is powder coated to prevent corrosion, high-temp silicone replacement coupler, stainless steel hose clamp and installation instructions.

You can mod your waterbox for a deeper throatier sound also..

+1

Thanks
    John
    With not going thru hull your are limited on possibilites.

You can ditch the resonator and add a pipe like snow suggested.

I found that the 08 exhaust setup had a better sound then the 07 and older setups. That is comparing stock water boxs with no resonators.

So you could pick up a 08 box and mid pipe and run it without the resonator, as it has a nice tone.

I think if you would go thru hull then the riva box would be right down your alley for sound.

I have a riva rear exhaust pipe fs. Youll have to cut the hole but youll get an improvement in power and a nice tone without a real increase in volume.

If i buy this free flow exhaust kit. How much will it bump my rpms up. right now im sitting at 8140 rpms. im worried about hitting the rev limiter.

+1
    If i buy this free flow exhaust kit. How much will it bump my rpms up. right now im sitting at 8140 rpms. im worried about hitting the rev limiter.
    very little, if any with my experience.
    Maybe some throtle response.

+1
    Check out this thread if you go with free flow. With a 4" air intake and this pipe on my X I think it sounds awesome.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=85295

+1
    Mpower, you can't brag unless you post a sound clip. How many times do we gotta tell ya?

+1
    ^

I'll get one next time out. The video will also include me whoopin up on Oldmans new FZR. (Need to get my prop tweeked first, ran 71 bangin the limiter at under half throttle last weekend )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information