Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

+1

Proud new owner of F 15x

I have taken delivery of my new pride and joy Honda F 15x in addition to my R12x stage II macsboosted ski. Back to back testing with both skis shows that the F15x is only marginally quicker and makes all its gains at the start. Mid range and top end acceleration and speeds are almost identical. Is there cheap mods I can do to increase acceleration performance of the 15x? I don't wanna spend close on $3000AUD on macsboost for this ski. If I was to "fool" the sensor to give it more boost, will this lean the mixtures out? Pump casing to impellor clearace - how are the tolerances from factory?
    On a full throttle run the 15x tends to buld engine rpm whereas the 12 looses engine rpm. Both running BP ultimate 98 so heatsoak and detonation does not seem to be as big an issue with the 15x.
    Have heard it said that on the 12s it is the hull that limits top speed not engine hp. Why is this so? Are the Honda hulls any more or any less prone to cracking the gel coat than other skis?
    Opinions, feedback would be great
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4959.JPG 
Views:	229 
Size:	3.19 MB 
ID:	118755   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4960.JPG 
Views:	226 
Size:	2.85 MB 
ID:	118756  

+1
    SuperJim has a boost controller that will give it another PSI or two of boost.

Cheap would be super jim's boost kit, search the forums...
    More expensive would be Macc's stuff, he's got some stuff out for the 15x, so does nitro.

+1

F-15X

I would strongly suggest against a manual boost controller.

The F-15X has far more closed minded ECU. The only way to go raise the boost beyond a very marginal amount is to lean the engine out. I would not recommend this.

Honda changed their control strategy and I was unable to make a respectable gain on the F15X with a module without a major compromise. The only way for me to circumvent this was to toss the OEM ecu and go for a full replacement.

Soon, you will be able to purchase a MACSBOOST intercooler for a stock application. This will give more RPM and better acceleration. This would be a lower cost performance improver. When you are ready for the ECU, your IC and ECU combo will unleash the beast.

For your R, I would highly recommend the pump wedge. With the wedge and the 17.5psi hose, you should have no problem outrunning your stock F15X on top end.

Mind you, your 98 octane fuel is only about as good as our 93 in the states.

very nice set of skis.

Macc, how does the wedge change the ride of the R hull? I've been thinking about getting one...

I've heard it's a little drier, but I'm concerned with stability/tracking at speed.

+1
    tracking at high speed is far more predictable with the wedge. With a stage II, the front of the ski will hunt side to side. The wedge picks up the nose, gives you a drier ride and eliminates the hunting feel.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by supermac View Post
    tracking at high speed is far more predictable with the wedge. With a stage II, the front of the ski will hunt side to side. The wedge picks up the nose, gives you a drier ride and eliminates the hunting feel.
    My r12x has the wedge and is running 17.5 psi oriface it runs around 6300 to 6400 rpm on a warm summer day. My mate also has a r12x running full stage II with custom oriface -- Thanks to Jeff at jet ski warehouse
    His ski is marganally faster and registers 20 psi on the boost gauge @ 6500 rpm.

I see the wedge is also recomended for the F15x. What kind of improvements will this have on a stock 15? Are concerns valid about not being able to trim it down when required?

+1
    all of my F15X GPS performance data is available on my support forums. The wedge takes away from a bit of mid speed steering response; the ride is drier, the nose no longer plows into waves, and the top speed increase is a bonus!

+1
    Anybody consider an AEM F/IC for these? Seems to me that the F/IC, some big injectors, a boost bleed valve, and a steep prop would open up a ton of performance for marginal investment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information