Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb Need Help: Updated

Recently posted a need help request. Since have talked to several people, all who said post pictures. I have them now!! Follow the link, and please tell me what I have in this new ski I bought and why its only doing 45MPH!
    http://picasaweb.google.com/gkecorp/YamahaGP1200#

Thanks so much. gkecorp

+1
    Number 1, there is no reason to run that external pump...your carbs already have the OEM pumps on them. What compression are you running?

You might want to change...no, you need to chang that fuel filter. How does the pump look? The impellor?

It has the Pro Tec intake manifold, Pro Tec carb adapters, Pro tec head they put ab older stinger on there..probably the '99 or Raider 1100..someone help me with the color.

I have no idea what the red water valve is in the rear...maybe a back flush system.

The plastic piece with holes in it is the OEM bilge system, they disconnected it and left it hanging.

UMI steering system with OEM bars..very strange to do that.

Do the carb butterflies open completely when you pull the trigger?

Give us more details. I missed your firs thread.

First post

Pistonwash, here is my first thread. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks guysfor the welcome. I finally got the ski out today and was a little dissapointed. My stock spedo (computer guage) only showed a top speed of 42MPH. I know this cannot be correct??!! So far I know I have oil premix,fuel at 100 octane, riva ride plate, riva race engine (so the previous owner claims he got from Ft. Lauderdale Riva)Aftermaket sponsons, steering, carbs, etc. But it seemd very slow to me, and the idle is set too low. I need someone in Jacksonville FL that knows what they are doing with this ski. I know it can go faster. HELP

Now the more I know about this the bettr off I am. Can I hook up the OEM bilge system? Is there anything I need to do (after the compression check this weekend) before I can ride this thing again? Fuel filter is one, what else??

Quote Originally Posted by Pistonwash View Post
    Number 1, there is no reason to run that external pump...your carbs already have the OEM pumps on them. What compression are you running? Can you point out in my pictures which one I need?

You might want to change...no, you need to chang that fuel filter. How does the pump look? The impellor?Impeller looks good,will change fuel filter next

It has the Pro Tec intake manifold, Pro Tec carb adapters, Pro tec head they put ab older stinger on there..probably the '99 or Raider 1100..someone help me with the color.

I have no idea what the red water valve is in the rear...maybe a back flush system.How would I use it and for what?

The plastic piece with holes in it is the OEM bilge system, they disconnected it and left it hanging.I need a bilge system, can I hook it up again?

UMI steering system with OEM bars..very strange to do that.Maybe he kept the UMI bars?

Do the carb butterflies open completely when you pull the trigger?Yes all the way

Give us more details. I missed your firs thread.
    Thanks again for the help

+1
    Something is going on with that carb set-up he has the external fuel pumps and the built in pumps all hooked up makes no sense to ma at all. You do need to investigate further on this one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gkecorp View Post
    Thanks again for the help
    In pic #17 the black piece you have highlighted...does'nt need to be in there. I would'nt recommend taking it off yourself. You need to take it to someone who can re-install all lines to stock specs.

You cannot just take that pump off without re-routing all lines the way they are supposed to be.

I would suggest you take the ski to someone who works on them..dealership or not. There is a lot of weird things going with what he has done...looks like a shade tree mechanic got to that ski.

I don't know if you can re-use the OEM bilge or not, dunno if the lines are still there...again you need professional help with getting the ski right.

Oside, which is which, and what would be the easiest way to route it? I am in Jacksonville FL, do you guys know of anyone here that can take a look at it for me?

So there is an OEM fuel pump and an aftermarket???? Do you know anyone in my area (jacksonville FL) that could loook at it for me??

+1
    That went cheap on ebay right? I would check the compression before anything to eliminate that. 45mph sounds like low compression but could be that you are dumping crazy fuel. It looks like the carb pumps are hooked up also but make sure they are. Those are not oem carbs but are they just replacement mikuni's?

Quote Originally Posted by crashhard View Post
    That went cheap on ebay right? I would check the compression before anything to eliminate that. 45mph sounds like low compression but could be that you are dumping crazy fuel. It looks like the carb pumps are hooked up also but make sure they are. Those are not oem carbs but are they just replacement mikuni's?
    No, found it on ebay and bought it locally. Checking compression this weekend. Will post results for help. I dont know anything about the carbs or the pumps (etc) that is what I am trying to learn. oside and another said it has a funky fuel/carb setup, I am hoping to find someone close to me who can help me straighten this ski out right. Any idea's? BTW paid $1700 for it as is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information