Thread: rxpx speedo

rxpx speedo

wont go over 70 mph ,ever, is this normal ?and 5 hours to 100 hour service ,what needs to be checked on the supercharger ,and can i check it myself (not technically minded )to see if its ok as i dont trust my dealer here to do it ...

You cannot rely on the speedometer to measure speed accurately. Use a GPS to do that. Have you changed your OEM grate yet? That's one thing that is slowing down your ski. How fast were you told it would go?... Ron

+1
    if your seeing 70 your prob going a little slower. get a GPS on it. As for the 100 hour. I say hit up a different seadoo place if possible. S.c will prob be rebuilt and your gonna have an annoying maintenance light. Not sure what your warranty is, but the "professionals" will keep it valid, also if you ever need to use it they may ask where you were serviced.

Quote Originally Posted by nobbyq View Post
    wont go over 70 mph ,ever, is this normal ?and 5 hours to 100 hour service ,what needs to be checked on the supercharger ,and can i check it myself (not technically minded )to see if its ok as i dont trust my dealer here to do it ...
    my RXT was was stock at one time and the speedo said 69. wow i said, so after riding a few months i wanted some more power, so i went with some upgrades. Well after they were all on there i went back out and my speedo said 69 again WOW i said... so i got a garmin gps and the gps said 72.2 stock was 67 lol. So dont rely on that pos speedo you need a radar gun or gps to get your true speed.

+1
    My speedo was slow at low speeds and high above 20 mph. Error was 5-6 mph at 50.

The speedo won't read higher than 70, no matter how fast you go. That is the factory limit. Mine read 70 when it was stock and still read 70 after I modded it.

Quote Originally Posted by HighPSI View Post
    The speedo won't read higher than 70, no matter how fast you go. That is the factory limit. Mine read 70 when it was stock and still read 70 after I modded it.

Stock ECU it won't go past 70 unless reprogrammed.

Riva ECU speedo will show past 70. I've posted in another thread with a video if you need proof.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70519

You might need to switch to High Quality for the video to see the speedo a little more clearly. Sorry for the quality, but youtube reduces the resolution.
    Last edited by Enufpwr; 05-17-2009 at 10:05 AM.

Thread Information