Thread: HELP

HELP

I have previously posted that I sucked in a piece of PVC which caused my craft to shake vigorously at anything above 2500 RPMS. Anyway I removed the PVC and recently tested my craft again. For the first minute and 30 seconds that I ran at wide open throttle craft was fine, topping the gauge out at 70 on rough water but afterwards all power was lost. I mean it felt as though I was on a rental yamaha 700, gauge was saying 54 max and it took about 2 minutes to get there. Anyway I immediately pulled the craft out the water. My tech says that he thinks my wear ring is gone but would this cause my rxp to lose power like this? I have no clue what is wrong because it ran perfectly fine for 90 seconds and then this. Also the cone for my solas has lost its threads and can freely slide up and down my drive shaft. Will someone please point me in the right direction and if you have any insight as to whether I should be experiencing such a dramatic loss in power due to the wear ring and loose cone will you please share with me because I am really worried whether something much more tragic has happened and I am not aware yet. Please share your knowledge.

fuhreal:

You can fix the nose cone issue with a slight wood chisel blow to the threads (Sideways to the threads) on the nose cone.

It messes up the threads just enough so it will screw on and not work its way off.

I would pull the pump off immediately and look for wear ring damage. It is really easy, look in the "Important RXP info" section on how to pull your pump.

It takes about an hour the first time, but it is really easy.

eliminate all the drive line issues at the back, that means looking at the pump, wear ring, vanes, shark teeth. Take the pump off yourself and look at it.

Inspect the impeller, vanes after the impeller, then inspect your way forward.

Take the impeller off and inspect the bearings. You might have a bearing going bad.

If you dont find the problem there, others can take it from here and instruct you on where to look next.

Carbon ring would be next? Drive shaft bent?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C
    fuhreal:

You can fix the nose cone issue with a slight wood chisel blow to the threads (Sideways to the threads) on the nose cone.

It messes up the threads just enough so it will screw on and not work its way off.
    That only applies to the solas nose cone. The stock one is rubber. If you have a stock impeller/nose cone, when you pull your pump off, put a thin layer of silicone on the nose cone, screw it back onto the impeller, wipe off the excess and let it dry. It won't come off again.

Definately pull your pump and inspect for damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C
    fuhreal:

That only applies to the solas nose cone. The stock one is rubber. If you have a stock impeller/nose cone, when you pull your pump off, put a thin layer of silicone on the nose cone, screw it back onto the impeller, wipe off the excess and let it dry. It won't come off again.

Definately pull your pump and inspect for damage.
    Thomas:

He does say that "his nose cone for my solas". I expected him to have a aluminum on that came with the impeller.

You are correct if he has the rubber one.........Sorry for the confusion

oops, my bad! not sure how I missed that one.

(sleep deprivation!)

Thread Information