Thread: R&R Trailer

R&R Trailer

I bought a 99 spx last year with an R&R trailer. I know they dont make these trailers anymore. I have tried to email R&R and have had no response. Does anyone know anything about these such as how much capacity and such... thanks in advance.

anybody?

I called and they said they had no information left on these trailers...? GREAT!!! You guys think an older aluminum trailer can hold a new 3 seater? Or is the amount of weight based on design. Im just worried going down the freeway it would bend or something. It just carries my x4 around for now, but I want the ability if one of the machines on my 2 place trailer breaks i can take it to the dealer on the 1 place and have 2 machines avialbe to ride.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Is there a VIN number plate or sticker on the trailer?

That usually has the weight ratings. There are often two weight ratings; one for the load capacity (PWC), and another for the total weight of trailer plus max PWC load.

Another place to look is the axle itself. Normally the axle has a weight rating stamped on it somewhere.

Are you sure about the model year being 1999?

That was right around the time that PWC started getting bigger, and some trailer manufacturers started changing their designs to handle the bigger, longer, heavier new PWC models. Other brands didn't get around to upgrading their trailer designs until the early 2000's.

A 1999 trailer probably still has the original tires. Ten year old trailer tires are no good, even if they still have plenty of tread. The rubber will be dried out, and they are no longer safe at highway speeds.

There is a date code embedded into the DOT code on the tire sidewall (just on one side of each tire).

What size and load rating are the tires?

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Is there a VIN number plate or sticker on the trailer?

That usually has the weight ratings. There are often two weight ratings; one for the load capacity (PWC), and another for the total weight of trailer plus max PWC load.

Another place to look is the axle itself. Normally the axle has a weight rating stamped on it somewhere.

Are you sure about the model year being 1999?

That was right around the time that PWC started getting bigger, and some trailer manufacturers started changing their designs to handle the bigger, longer, heavier new PWC models. Other brands didn't get around to upgrading their trailer designs until the early 2000's.

A 1999 trailer probably still has the original tires. Ten year old trailer tires are no good, even if they still have plenty of tread. The rubber will be dried out, and they are no longer safe at highway speeds.

There is a date code embedded into the DOT code on the tire sidewall (just on one side of each tire).

What size and load rating are the tires?
    Thanks for your response. First there is a sticker on the side with the ratings. But it will say max. load and will just be blank after it. The axle has a metal plate on it but it just says who the axle is made by. As far as my tires i just put new ones on one is a load rating C because it was a spare that I had and one is load rating B. Also it says to fill the one tire to 90 PSI cold. I got it up to about 75 and hit it and it was solid as a rock. I was scared to fill it anymore because it would blowout?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaserxp215 View Post
    ...First there is a sticker on the side with the ratings. But it will say max. load and will just be blank after it.

The axle has a metal plate on it but it just says who the axle is made by.

As far as my tires i just put new ones on one is a load rating C because it was a spare that I had and one is load rating B.

Also it says to fill the one tire to 90 PSI cold. I got it up to about 75 and hit it and it was solid as a rock. I was scared to fill it anymore because it would blowout?
    Sometimes the ink fades on the VIN sticker, but if you look at it using just the right lighting angle, you might be able to make out the faded printing, if there was any printing.

Can you post a clear photo of the VIN sticker/plate?
    Use close-up focus mode on your camera - usually a flower icon. Try it with and without the flash.

The axle plate didn't have any numbers on it at all?
    I wonder if there is another stamping elsewhere on the axle...

And you are running two different tires

Some ST trailer tires do have a maximum air pressure that is quite high, depends on the load range and tire brand. Of course, running them at those pressures makes for a bouncy trailer.

When inflated to the sidewall maximum air pressure, the tire can safely carry the weight that is printed on the sidewall. At lower air pressures, it can carry less weight.

You only need enough air pressure in the tire to support 1/2 the loaded trailer total weight. The other tire supports the other 1/2.

If you want to run mismatched tires (I hope they are the same outside diameter, at least), you can figure out from the tire manufacturer info how much air pressure you must put into each tire to safely support the weight.

Keep in mind that all these air pressures and weight ratings are for 60mph maximum speeds. If you tow faster, you must increase the air pressure, or reduce the weight on the tire, or use a better tire.

trailer is at the dealer right now, i will get some pics when i get it back. Thanks for the info. Yes i am running the same diameter tires, just different load capacities.

Thread Information