Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1999 Spx questions

hey guys. I have a 99 spx that i just bought last year. I have an rxp an gtx 4tec too. the reason i bought the 99 was just for a toy to screw around with. No long rides just do donuts and tailstands. I mostly ride rough water. I have a bilge pump on it, umi steering, jet trim seat cover, and worx grate. Is there anything else i should do to it or should i just leave it the same as it is. I am kinda tossing up either moding the rxp or this. Looking to spend 500-700. I just want this to be reliable and have no issues. I run around 58 to 60 on gps is that decent also...
    thanks for the info, sry I know the 4-stroke stuff better, im new to the 2 strokes.

You can try a skat 17- 22 swirl prop.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    I'd buy some Fly flame arrestors and rejet the carbs. And get a Solas XO prop with 85/88 nozzles.

The XO will launch a little harder than the Skat 17/22, but the 17/22 is a good rough water prop if keeping stock nozzles.

Robert,

All he wants to do is donuts and wheelie.
    If he install the proks he has a better chance of getting water in the carbs.
    He is not in for top speed.

Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    I'd buy some Fly flame arrestors and rejet the carbs. And get a Solas XO prop with 85/88 nozzles.

The XO will launch a little harder than the Skat 17/22, but the 17/22 is a good rough water prop if keeping stock nozzles.

Ok, sorry im really slow with this 2 stroke stuff.
    First where can I look at this stuff and buy this stuff. What do I have to do to rejet the carbs, for someone with basic mechanical knowledge can you do that or should i take to a buddy. And about how much will this stuff cost me, should I buy used maybe? I know what the solas xo prop is and i know what the nozzles are... just kinda confused with the flame arrestors and rejeting the carbs... thanks

also, when rejetting the carbs should i have them rebuilt and should i get a tiny tach to see my rpms...

Ok, the first thing you need to do is check if the fuel lines have been changed. Are the fuel lines grey? If they are, you need to change them, and rebuild the carbs before you do anything.

yea i am in the process of changing the fuel lines, just bought the lines yesterday and will probably change them friday.

Not sure how familiar you are with the carb internals, but there is a small filter in each carb, when they clog, they run that cylinder lean and cause siezure. If your not planning on rebuilding the carbs for whatever reason, make sure you clean out those filters for sure. They are the #1 cause of piston failure in older 2 stroke seadoo's.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Roger,

I never used outerwears, and surf jump just as much as I go wide open. With Flys. Never had a problem with water ingestion. As long as he has a bildge pump, he'll be fine.

The reason I recommended this was to save him the 30% in fuel consumption compared to running the stock flame arrestor.

Robert

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information