+1

x s/c slip moment

Hey guys i had my rxp-x in at the shop today as i suspected the s/c to be slipping because i wasnt making the rpms i used to.. The mechanic took a look and said that the slip moment was fine (10NM or 88in-lbs) does this sound okay for a ski that has done 42 hours?? In the end he changed the spark plugs and said the old ones looked quite bad. I test rode it and straight away felt it was back to how it should be. I am kicking myself for not just changing the plugs myself, but i was pretty sure it was my s/c stuffing up and wanted to get it in before my warranty expired...

my charger died at 70hrs also my plugs cost $130 to get 1 plug change I thought it was the changer it was and the plug as well...but charger was done on warrenty......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooche View Post
    my charger died at 70hrs also my plugs cost $130 to get 1 plug change I thought it was the changer it was and the plug as well...but charger was done on warrenty......
    thats not too bad that they cover a s/c rebuild at 70 hours, i mean thats pretty close to the life of the washers anyways.. When you say died, you mean the slip moment became to low??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Hey guys i had my rxp-x in at the shop today as i suspected the s/c to be slipping because i wasnt making the rpms i used to.. The mechanic took a look and said that the slip moment was fine (10NM or 88in-lbs) does this sound okay for a ski that has done 42 hours?? In the end he changed the spark plugs and said the old ones looked quite bad. I test rode it and straight away felt it was back to how it should be. I am kicking myself for not just changing the plugs myself, but i was pretty sure it was my s/c stuffing up and wanted to get it in before my warranty expired...
    That slip is too low for an X charger. Do yourself a favor and change out the OEM washers to the Riva washers. We have been hearing quite a few cases of the OEM metal washers breaking. Especially after they have worn and start slipping.

+1
    Did seadoo upgrade the 09 supercharger repair kit with new gear and texture?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpstan View Post
    Did seadoo upgrade the 09 supercharger repair kit with new gear and texture?
    Not sure about the texture thing but i'll find out

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    • New supercharger drive gear for quality improvement, adaptable to all previous years.

250 horses and only one jocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Not sure about the texture thing but i'll find out
    So just to clarify the 09 x-charger comes with better washers than the OEM 08metal washers?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz RXT View Post
    So just to clarify the 09 x-charger comes with better washers than the OEM 08metal washers?
    I think only the gear was upraded.

Thread Information