FZR's on order, oil question?

I ordered a pair of FZR's (in black), and I'm looking for some oil information. My 08 FX requires 10w-30, but Yamaha recently dropped their 10w-30 and only sells 10w-40 now. Can I use 10w-40 in the FZRs and My 08 FX? Thanks!

yes in the manual it tells you that you can

Cool thanks. I haven't got the manuals yet, and Im getting everything together that I will be needing. I recall the yamaha site had the manuals but I cant seem to locate the link to them. Warm weather on its way.....

Quote Originally Posted by sofa-king-fast View Post
    I ordered a pair of FZR's (in black), and I'm looking for some oil information. My 08 FX requires 10w-30, but Yamaha recently dropped their 10w-30 and only sells 10w-40 now. Can I use 10w-40 in the FZRs and My 08 FX? Thanks!

How are you getting black fzr's when they only come is blue? The blue is killer looking but Id perfer black as well.

Thats the whole reason I waited and didn't take the blue. My Dealer said that the black will be offered at some point on the FZR, but I've been hearing this alot on the net that the FZS is the only model in black this year. He prob blowing smoke to make the sale. I still have time to change to the blue FZR, or just take the black FZS. I will see what happens. I plan on taking delivery by the end of May. I do like the black though...

Quote Originally Posted by sofa-king-fast View Post
    Cool thanks. I haven't got the manuals yet, and Im getting everything together that I will be needing. I recall the yamaha site had the manuals but I cant seem to locate the link to them. Warm weather on its way.....

I as well am getting items tgether for my 2013 FZR ---

Now don't laugh too hard --- I know all the details on the Bombardier products after owning most
    all engine/jet pump configs since 1996 but the last Yamaha PWC I owned was a 1994 WaveRaider two-stroke
    701 engine...

Now, on the WaveRunner PWC learning curve with an FZR.

What YAMAHA brand Oil is used with this Supercharged ski ? Semi-synthetic ? Full Synthetic ? Link please if available.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Yamalube is good stuff......I run Synthetic motorcycle oil.....no friction modifiers and high zinc content

Thread Information