Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

Exclamation Another Polaris PRO 785 build

Hey there guys, Ive been a ski rider/racer since the mid 80's where i did my days on 550's, then later the X-2 what i just ground up rebuilt again last week (love my X-2's).

But i am NOT a Polaris man, i know very little about them except my Dad has a near new Hurrcane that is allergic to water, and i have picked up a pair of non running PRO 785's.

Some idiot who THOUGHT he was a race tech, went to do something with these ski's, i dont know what, and they are stripped and pulled apart in spots, and in general rough condition.

I have a white and a red one. Im hoping from these two ill be able to build one really good ski, and sell the second hull.

Im going to gut the red ski, and clean it all up 100% before i get into building it back up again.

Anyways, i dont have much liking for sit downs, but i rode one of these some time back, and i was SO impressed about how they ride, i had to have one.

Here we go ....

+1
    There the next best thing to a standup ,post some pics of what you've got

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    There the next best thing to a standup ,post some pics of what you've got
    Amen to that lugs . You have NO idea what i went thru when i picked these up ... me and half a dozen of my mates are hardcore standup guys, but im sure that the smart remarks and s__t talking will stop when they actually ride a pro.

Shall do on the pics.

Ok, one thing i have noticed straight away ... no impellers. I have used the Solas imp's in my Kawasakis and been very happy, but im open to Solas or Skat-Trak. Im not sure what is stock, i presume its a variable pitch prop, and whats common pitch to go to ?.

I ask, because i have no idea if they are geared up, or geared down , or just right from stock ?. Im not a big seeker of the last MPH, id much rather it dislocate my elbows and snap my tendons in my wrist out of corners .. but i dont want stock superjets to blow past me either.

+1
    Saf Welcome to the hulk..

You will convert some peeps with the PRO.

You can download the manual from the tech section as well as the 785 supplement.

Cheers..

Yes welcome to the Hulk Ivan
    it would be great to see 1 if not both of these Boats working, i've heard a little about them
    This is the place that can make it happen, the people are great, absolute wealth of knowledge........start reading....it's all here re-Pro785.....the seach function is great
    there'll be 9 800's on the line this weekend in Bunbury
    would be real cool to See the Superstocker Pro mix it up

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by saf View Post
    Amen to that lugs . You have NO idea what i went thru when i picked these up ... me and half a dozen of my mates are hardcore standup guys, but im sure that the smart remarks and s__t talking will stop when they actually ride a pro.

Shall do on the pics.

Ok, one thing i have noticed straight away ... no impellers. I have used the Solas imp's in my Kawasakis and been very happy, but im open to Solas or Skat-Trak. Im not sure what is stock, i presume its a variable pitch prop, and whats common pitch to go to ?.

I ask, because i have no idea if they are geared up, or geared down , or just right from stock ?. Im not a big seeker of the last MPH, id much rather it dislocate my elbows and snap my tendons in my wrist out of corners .. but i dont want stock superjets to blow past me either.
    A stock super jet has no chance to come near a 785
    I would have Randy at Watcon set you up a prop .
    We need to no if you have any aftermarket parts and we can go from there ,a good stock pro will run 60-63 mph all day long and it will get there in a HURRY

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazz67 View Post
    Yes welcome to the Hulk Ivan
    it would be great to see 1 if not both of these Boats working, i've heard a little about them
    This is the place that can make it happen, the people are great, absolute wealth of knowledge.
    Dazz, How small the net is huh ? . Within a hour or so i get a reply from a local . You know about these skis ?. I at times regret getting them, as i have so many projects on right now, and customer projects ... ugh .. time. But what makes me want to build it up is the ride ... i loved the ride.

Lugs, Yea i know on the Suprjet, i was making a joke if anything that i didnt want all bottom and some mid with no top.

+1
    Dazz, How small the net is huh ? . Within a hour or so i get a reply from a local . You know about these skis ?. I at times regret getting them, as i have so many projects on right now, and customer projects ... ugh .. time. But what makes me want to build it up is the ride ... i loved the ride.

Lugs, Yea i know on the Suprjet, i was making a joke if anything that i didnt want all bottom and some mid with no top.
    Randy can hook you up with a prop that will pull GREAT all the way through

The ride on these skis are like no other
    the the sharpness & G force turn is better than anything
    these Ski's are something to be treasurered
    unless you've used or sold-it.........apparently you have a brand new 17/22 Skatty in a new cardboard Skat-Trak Box in one of the hulls

+1
    Lugs, Shall give him a email and speak anyways, as im sure ill need more parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazz67 View Post
    unless you've used or sold-it.........apparently you have a brand new 17/22 Skatty in a new cardboard Skat-Trak Box in one of the hulls

Bloody hell Dazz, are you the CIA ?. hahhaa.

Ok how many fingers am i holding up ?. Where is the cam ? ....

Sending you PM.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information