02-26-2009, 10:34 PM #1
Looking for Solas 15/20 in Tampa, FL area
Anyone have a Solas 15/20 or 15/22 4 blade prop I can try? I am installing a Rude1 charger and have a feeling that I will lite my Solas 14/20.75 up and seems that general consensus is to run a 15/20 or 15/22 prop and tweak accordingly. I just want to try it - no tweaking will be done on it. If it works and you want to sell it I would buy it.
02-26-2009, 10:39 PM #2
How much are you willing to spend ...
02-26-2009, 10:43 PM #3
02-26-2009, 10:53 PM #4
03-01-2009, 05:22 PM #5
Bryan thank you so very much for taking your ski apart allowing me to borrow your 15/20 to see the great gains. Now I have to find a 15/20.
03-01-2009, 07:13 PM #6
03-02-2009, 09:59 AM #7
03-02-2009, 11:27 AM #8
Went out and tested today. Although the conditions werent ideal (about 20-25 MPH winds) it let me test my curent prop and a 15/20. Here are the results with an 80mm ring:
Curent prop 14/20.75 (originaly 14/17)
- From 1800 RMS at idle if I stab the throttle it hits 8220 rpm then comes down to about 8160 and back up to 8220 and I think once I saw 8420.
- Top speed - I had to keep it about 3/4 throttle to keep the rpms at about 8180-8160. Top speed was 75.9 MPH
- From 1800 RPMs at idle if I stab the throttle it hits 8200 rpm then comes down to about 7900 then back up to 8160 - 8180 rpm. Alsmost seems like it cavitates a little and may hit the limitter
- From 2500 rpm and 10 mph if I stab the throttle it takes off like a bat out of hell. It is another animal with the 15/20 in it. I LOVE the performance with the 15/20. It never stops pulling and pulls so hard!!
- Top speed - WOT topped out at 8160-8180 rpm and same top speed 75.9 MPH
- Overall performace is awesome with the 15/20 but I would have thought to see better top speed.
03-02-2009, 01:45 PM #9
Sorry Gus I missed that .
I do not know how you got out at all yesterday. Also your numbers are going to be way different minus the wind and the rad from the front that was blowing through.
Thanx for sharing and testing.
03-02-2009, 01:47 PM #10
You got that right Mark... it was NASTY out yesterday
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By sfackett0 in forum NortheastReplies: 3Last Post: 05-06-2011, 09:05 PM
By 32DegH2O in forum Open DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 08-15-2010, 05:58 PM
By 1fastxpp in forum Sea Doo ClassifiedsReplies: 2Last Post: 07-15-2010, 10:05 AM
By robrxp in forum Trailer ClassifiedsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-14-2009, 06:04 PM
By desperado in forum Polaris ClassifiedsReplies: 3Last Post: 04-01-2009, 10:58 PM