Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

08FXSHO - Cavitation Issue - Warrantly Claim

Guys,

Have a 2month old 08 SHO Cruiser that has a cavitiation issue from standing start to WOT. Basically it starts to cavitiate for 1/2 sec before it stops. I have taken it to the dealer, and they checked all the seals and pump housing and made some re-adjustments. All of that didnt work, now they are suggesting a slight bend at the tip in the middle props and are ordering me a new prop $365AUD. They claim that its not under warranty since I have caused the issue. I am really angry, since the ski is less thean 2month old, and 18 hours on it. If I had sucked somthing up, I would excpect to see more damage than that,

What are your thoughts on this, should I push the point with Yammy and/or or grin a bare it. I am a little sceptical that the new prop will fix it. My waverunner is all standard no mods nothing.

Cheers,

+1
    Solas is real close to having a new impeller ready, I'd just wait for the Solas

I certainly wouldn't buy an OEM impeller for $365

As soon as Solas does have their prop available you will be able to buy a used OEM impeller for $25

Have you seen your impeller? Is it damaged? Impros can repair anything, though I appreciate you would have some considerable downtime because of the shipping times needed to get it to the US.

Are you sure its cavitating? The SHO's have a "traction control" that makes it sound like its cavitating off the line. And I would not buy a $365 stock prop either. You can get a prop from the GH online store for $299.

Quote Originally Posted by andygpr748 View Post
    Are you sure its cavitating? The SHO's have a "traction control" that makes it sound like its cavitating off the line. And I would not buy a $365 stock prop either. You can get a prop from the GH online store for $299.
    Pretty sure it is, very noticable on the flat water. The dealer also claims to be cativating, I guess mu real issue should Yammy cover this under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by earwig View Post
    Pretty sure it is, very noticable on the flat water. The dealer also claims to be cativating, I guess mu real issue should Yammy cover this under warranty.
    If it's cavitating that bad you must have prop and or liner damage. I don't think Yamaha should warranty damage unless you can show that a bearing went bad or something of that nature caused it. Most likely it was sand or a rock and that's not their fault.

+1
    pull the pump out and inspect the liner and impeller - then there is no speculation on does it need replacing or not

if the impeller is bad you will see the damage

Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post
    pull the pump out and inspect the liner and impeller - then there is no speculation on does it need replacing or not

if the impeller is bad you will see the damage

Thanks for the info guys, pity i am not that technical, but willing to have a go at it. Anyone got some instructions on how I can check the impeller out.

Cheers,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
    If it's cavitating that bad you must have prop and or liner damage. I don't think Yamaha should warranty damage unless you can show that a bearing went bad or something of that nature caused it. Most likely it was sand or a rock and that's not their fault.
    I agree. Normal wear!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by earwig View Post
    Thanks for the info guys, pity i am not that technical, but willing to have a go at it. Anyone got some instructions on how I can check the impeller out.

Cheers,
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...mpeller+remove

Just remove the rideplate and then remove the 4 bolts securing the pump assembly. If the dealer sealed it with silicone you might need to use the pry points to separate the nozzle/pump/wear ring. It isn't necessary to remove the reverse bucket from the nozzle if you use a ratchet with a long extension...it will come off as one piece. I use 1211 to seal mine when I reassemble...svc manual recommends 1194 but I can never find it.
    Nothin to it but to do it.

Hey guys,

I've been chatting to Nick about this and thought warranty might be worth a go after the exact issue is sorted. But yeah wear and tear at 14hrs I agree Nick go the Solas when it's out. For the gurus I saw that Solas already has one for FZR, same pump as SHO?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information