is this normal? or sc slipping? rxt-x

ok so towards the end of the season i found that a few times when my ski was at a standstill and i hammered it out of the hole it would totaly lag for like a second or to then all of a sudden something kicked in and the power came right back also i found that after cruising for over 15 to 20 mins at one speed and then let off and hammered it again it totaly lagged even worse and felt really groggy for a few seconds then kicked right back in.
    this is not a regular problem in happens every now and then and my ski still runs at peak rmps (8120) what could be causing this lag from time to time? should i have it checked out?

Quote Originally Posted by Pooper_Scooper View Post
    ok so towards the end of the season i found that a few times when my ski was at a standstill and i hammered it out of the hole it would totaly lag for like a second or to then all of a sudden something kicked in and the power came right back also i found that after cruising for over 15 to 20 mins at one speed and then let off and hammered it again it totaly lagged even worse and felt really groggy for a few seconds then kicked right back in.
    this is not a regular problem in happens every now and then and my ski still runs at peak rmps (8120) what could be causing this lag from time to time? should i have it checked out?
    check out your wear ring

+1
    How many hours are on the ski? Sounds like sc slip to me.

around 76 hours now, i just found it odd that its only happend while hammering it and after runing her at one rpm for a while, yet top speed and rmp are fine.. i guess i should get it checked so it doesnt give me any biger problems this season

+1
    We've seen some failures at the 50-70 hour mark on the 08 RXT-X's. It's just slipping now. Too much more wear on the washer's and you could have one break. When your cruising at 6000 rpm you're already making boost and then you snap the throttle open. The engine immediately jumps to 8000 rpm or more and the sc impellor lags because the washers are worn and the amount of torque required to cause slip has gone way down. Then the impellor slowly comes up to rpm and your power is normal. This will greatly accelerate the wear on your washers and also get them very hot. Heat is probably what will cause them to break. Don't ride it anymore until you check the slip and shim it or better yet, replace those washers.

that you for the info you have been very helpfull, i will get this looked after before the season starts....god help me if my baby ever broke

+1
    I know how you feel. I'm worrying about mine too. The rebuild for the sc isn't cheap but the alternative is unthinkable.

Thread Information