Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    SeaGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, N.C.
    Posts
    2,214
    +1
    2

    Free Flow Plumbing

    Is there any reason why I can't make a straight shot from the waterbox to the free flow pipe? The oem hose goes up in front of the IC and then back down to the resonator. I want to get rid of all that extra hose and clean up the engine compartment. I saw that the R&D free flow kit basically does this.
    My concern is water ingestion with the engine off. Opinions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	freeflow 001.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	790.0 KB 
ID:	119175   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	freeflow 002.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	814.4 KB 
ID:	119176  


  2. #2
    GTXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NW, GA
    Posts
    1,776
    you can do it. I made a stainless pipe to do that a couple of years ago and have had no problems. I did it that way so I could do an intercooler and keep the stock resonator, it was making me deaf with a resonated powerpipe which uses the stock outlet.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,145
    +1
    9
    I think it's like that to discourage water from backflowing into the engine during tump-overs and such.

  4. #4
    SeaGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, N.C.
    Posts
    2,214
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    I think it's like that to discourage water from backflowing into the engine during tump-overs and such.
    Don't see that happening with a T-X and a 50 something at the controls but you never know with my dumb ass. I've managed to crash everything else I've owned including 2 ultralight aircraft.Well, the polaris 800 is still untouched by tree or rock but give me time.

  5. #5
    GTXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NW, GA
    Posts
    1,776
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    Don't see that happening with a T-X and a 50 something at the controls but you never know with my dumb ass.
    I agree. I've turned mine so hard at speed many times that my wrists were sore for a week and let toss me once and the ski just laughed at me... gonna take some doing to flip a GTX/RXT unless you have 3 people standing on one side.

  6. #6
    Steve STSPERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    2,701
    +1
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    Is there any reason why I can't make a straight shot from the waterbox to the free flow pipe? The oem hose goes up in front of the IC and then back down to the resonator. I want to get rid of all that extra hose and clean up the engine compartment. I saw that the R&D free flow kit basically does this.
    My concern is water ingestion with the engine off. Opinions?

    Hey seagoat I have one i made for my TX just what ya want...

    Let me know if ya could use it!!

  7. #7
    SeaGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, N.C.
    Posts
    2,214
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by STSPERFORMANCE View Post
    Hey seagoat I have one i made for my TX just what ya want...

    Let me know if ya could use it!!
    I have the pipe itself (see pics). What do you have and can I see pics? I tried going to lowes and home depot for extra clamps and they carried everything but the size I needed. I put it back together with the oem hose but I don't like it that way. Suckers sure loud in the garage!! I do want to make a straight shot like the R&D set up.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. homemade free flow pipe
    By rxpblast in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-27-2005, 01:55 PM
  2. Power pipe or Free flow pipe Which one sopose to.......
    By Jrsrxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2005, 08:24 PM
  3. My 4" Cold Air Intake and free flow pipe...Pix
    By Yuji in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 05:11 PM
  4. Best Lubricant to slide on a Stainless Steel Free Flow
    By Red Devil in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-23-2005, 04:18 PM
  5. PPG Free Flow Exhaust
    By RXP19 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-14-2005, 10:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •