rxpx supercharger fact

hi to all , rite i wanted to get this off my chest , my px has 96 hours on it and is going in to dealer on monday for a service because its due and i have got to the point where reading all this posts abouts them superchagers failing and massive rebuild costs , i also think its bloody crap from seadoo to put a ski on the market that they fully know is going to break sooner or later .i am also scared sh..less everytime i go out on it that the sc is going to fail , how does seadoo react in warranty terms to a knackered engine from a crap supercharger that has blow , can someone please put my mind at rest coz it worries me ...........

Can't speak for all dealers...however if your machine is still under warranty it should be covered. Unless you were sent a notice specifying that you have to have your SC rebuilt at 100hrs or your warrranty is void, they will have to cover it. I only know it is recommended to be rebuilt at 100hrs by reading on this website. My dealer has not mentioned anything to me of the sort. So if my SC goes kaboom at 100+, they damn well better cover it under warranty. I'll likely replace the washers well before then myself, but if I chose not to (not likely) I can't see how they can say they will not cover it if it. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by nobbyq View Post
    hi to all , rite i wanted to get this off my chest , my px has 96 hours on it and is going in to dealer on monday for a service because its due and i have got to the point where reading all this posts abouts them superchagers failing and massive rebuild costs , i also think its bloody crap from seadoo to put a ski on the market that they fully know is going to break sooner or later .i am also scared sh..less everytime i go out on it that the sc is going to fail , how does seadoo react in warranty terms to a knackered engine from a crap supercharger that has blow , can someone please put my mind at rest coz it worries me ...........
    all i can say is if its under warranty no worries....and if its not YOU BETTER HAVE THEM REPLACED.

i think it isnt near as bad as you think or what your lead to think.
    my sc bearings blew due to not maintaining them properly, the dealer thought the clutch blew (which it did, but due to the bearing failure) and seadoo fixed it under warrenty, i had to pay a very small ammount but it did take a while for it to be completely fixed.
    im upto my 4th year on ceramic bearings and i often fly over 3-4ft+ chop so the clutch gets a good working out and i still havnt had the clutch fail

+1
    IF you want to be relatively safe...replace brgs and clutches @ 50 hours of Normal use.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nobbyq View Post
    If you have a failure rest assured that seadoo will cover it.... no worries!

Keep in mind that a clutch is a wear item.... just like a clutch in a car.
    Does Ford make a Mustang with a manual transmission and expect the clutch to last forever? No way!

Seadoo recommends the clutch/supercharger be rebuilt every 100 hours. This prevents a failure over the long term. Do the required maintenance every 100 hours and your ski is going to live a long happy life

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    If you have a failure rest assured that seadoo will cover it.... no worries!

Let me go further on this.... if you don't do the required rebuild every 100 hours and the supercharger clutch does fail then Sea Doo will have grounds to deny your warranty claim.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIFT View Post
    im upto my 4th year on ceramic bearings and i often fly over 3-4ft+ chop so the clutch gets a good working out and i still havnt had the clutch fail
    So how many hours on the ceramic bearings? I wouldn't push my luck too far. Rebuild that supercharger before it ends up costing you more in the long run.

I wish......

For those of us running high boost chargers anything over 15 or 20 hours off a clutch is a dream........ I only wish i could get a 100 hours before a rebuild.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GMONEY View Post
    For those of us running high boost chargers anything over 15 or 20 hours off a clutch is a dream........ I only wish i could get a 100 hours before a rebuild.
    Hmmm, That means changing washers @$110 a whack 2-3 times a season. At what point (in pounds of boost) can you run 50 hours between clutches? I'm thinking the "X" charger is at that point just from the failures I've heard about (around 70 hours).

Thread Information