Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

Question X Charger, RRFPR, 42s and upgrade fuel pump

OK guys im making this thread coz Im running this setup minus the pump. Also there is alot of info going around on the matter of the fuel preasure not rising but its abit all over the place and hard to get to the bottom of. How come this issue is only showing now?? I mean there are alot of boats with RRFPRs now and people running rudes on stock injectors with the RRFPR.

Isit that people have just put stuff on and not checked it out and probably are having issues unknown?

Also there are alot of boats with the upgrade ecu, 50 injectors and the RRFPR to keep up with the BIG chargers so im reluctant to think that the standard pump cannot supply the fuel to 42s when it can deal with 50s??

Im hoping that i can come up with some good results starting next weekend as i will hav an AF setup, boost gauge and relocated fuel pressure gauge so i will be able to come up with the numbers that im getting.

I guess this would be good place to put any findings that you have got. I will add my findings on this with the testing ill be doing. Im hoping that this will help any1 else make educated desicion on what is needed to run certain setups. R88

+1
    Another point that i am keen to clarify is:

If using larger injectors ie more flow is there any effect on the maximum pressure that the fuel pump can produce?? I know that the stock pump can produce somewhere in the low 70psi mark with 38s but can it still make this much pressure with the larger flow of say 42s?? What im thinking is that say the pump can only make 65psi with 42s fitted and you got a base pressure of 55 on RRFPR and a charger producing 11psi. With the 1:1 RRFPR the pump is going to be maxed at 65 when you would idealy want 66psi to match the base pressure to boost added pressure. 55psi+11psi= 66psi total fuel pressure. R88

+1
    Fuel pumps do not produce pressure restrictions do. Pumps only produce flow in turn creates pressure via restrictions. You need to determine the max flow the engine will need in lb/hr or lpm. Then make sure that the regulator, pump and motor demand is within the volume of the fuel pump. You can create more pressure/flow from the pump by restricting the return line from the RRFPR. (Less flow returning to the tank) Fuel pumps always run at max flow and it is the regulators job to dump the excess flow back to the fuel tank thus maintaining a constant pressure(or A rising) pressure at the injectors.

250 horses and only one jocky
    i think the standard pump is around 135lph thats why iv upgraded to a 255lph so it can keep up with the flow as my standard one is an 05 with 120hours and getting quite worn and not rising 1:1 i was having the same issues as 'bigdaddy' and he found that changing the pump sorted the problem out

+1
    Hmm, Wel i guess Ill have to wait and see if my pump will work. If it dont I guess il have to get a bigger pump aswel. Daz maybe you can give me a hand installing it seeing that you have some expirience hahaha.

250 horses and only one jocky
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    Hmm, Wel i guess Ill have to wait and see if my pump will work. If it dont I guess il have to get a bigger pump aswel. Daz maybe you can give me a hand installing it seeing that you have some expirience hahaha.
    lol, just need to check that your rrfpr is rising nearly 1:1 i found that mine wasn't i set at 58 with my 42lbs and on tickover was normal dropping 3psi then only rose to 62ish psi at WOT, was thinking that the pump couldnt supply enough flow with the 42s therefore seeing the pressure drop and not getting the 1:1. thought i would just upgrade the feul pump anyway then its done, if i needed to set at say 60 with 38s (as i havent checkd A/F ratio) then it would be easy for the new pump to cope anyway but as we are in cold england i would say the 42s unfortunatly.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz RXT View Post
    i think the standard pump is around 135lph thats why iv upgraded to a 255lph so it can keep up with the flow as my standard one is an 05 with 120hours and getting quite worn and not rising 1:1 i was having the same issues as 'bigdaddy' and he found that changing the pump sorted the problem out
    Well... kind of... yes it is now boosting fuel pressure but not anywhere near 1:1!!! I'm seeing a fuel pressure increase of 4.5 - 6.5 psi. thats all

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Well... kind of... yes it is now boosting fuel pressure but not anywhere near 1:1!!! I'm seeing a fuel pressure increase of 4.5 - 6.5 psi. thats all
    Is it important to see correct ratio?? I mean if your AF is right does it matter? I think that the way we run these regs if far from ideal as it would be best to have the reg after the fuel rail opposed to before as is in most peoples skis. I have mine setup in the standard remote mount way as I didnt want to source all of the bits and drill my rail to fit the reg after the rail. I will be testing my ski this weekend, and will post what i find.

I think that you will get idle issues with the base pressure to high with big injectors but my main concern is to have correct AF ratio at WOT and have it best as possible at all other RPMs.

Obviosly your problem was quite severe as you were seeing a drop at WOT but i think that some of the problems with not seeing the right raise in fuel pressure is down to the way we plumb these regs in. R88

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    Is it important to see correct ratio?? I mean if your AF is right does it matter? I think that the way we run these regs if far from ideal as it would be best to have the reg after the fuel rail opposed to before as is in most peoples skis. I have mine setup in the standard remote mount way as I didnt want to source all of the bits and drill my rail to fit the reg after the rail. I will be testing my ski this weekend, and will post what i find.

I think that you will get idle issues with the base pressure to high with big injectors but my main concern is to have correct AF ratio at WOT and have it best as possible at all other RPMs.

Obviosly your problem was quite severe as you were seeing a drop at WOT but i think that some of the problems with not seeing the right raise in fuel pressure is down to the way we plumb these regs in. R88
    Absolutely... I'm currently looking into running my regulator at the end of the fuel rail. That's where it needs to be!!!

+1
    OK went out today and my RRFPR aint rising. So it looks as tho Im going to need a bigger pump. I was running big time lean at first with a base pressure of 54psi but no rise. So i lifted the base to 60 which got me to 13.9-14 AF still far to lean. So I lifted the base further but i think the super rich idle 7.8, may have damaged my 02 sensor so i called it quits untill I get the new pump. Any 1 with O2 sensor expirience what symptoms should i look for? It has started to read alot leaner at idle than it was I have claibrated it and it reads 21.9 out of the exhaust. Thanks R88

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information