Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

loans??? help please!!

I found an awsome 07 gp1300r with only 18 hours, and in great condition, and comes with a trailer for $7,400. Now i have about 4500 saved up, and i was going to save up and pay for one in cash, but i dont want to let this deal slip away.

So my question. Ive never taken out a loan before, and was wondering if you guys had any advice.

Or could reccomend a place. Should i get a loan from a bank? or a credit union? any help is appriciated!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiBoy720 View Post
    I found an awsome 07 gp1300r with only 18 hours, and in great condition, and comes with a trailer for $7,400. Now i have about 4500 saved up, and i was going to save up and pay for one in cash, but i dont want to let this deal slip away.

So my question. Ive never taken out a loan before, and was wondering if you guys had any advice.

Or could reccomend a place. Should i get a loan from a bank? or a credit union? any help is appriciated!!
    If you have an account with the credit union then you need to see if they will finance for you considering you have a good down payment...

+1
    Credit Unions are excellent if they are lending.
    Some banks are hesitant to lend small loans, I guess because they don't make enough off of them in the long run to offset the risk. They prefer to hook you for more money and string it out over more time. A lot of banks are tighter than an oyster's azz right now because of the credit crisis, but if you have a good score you should be able to find something out there.

alright cool.

I posted this topic on another site, and was told its not that great o a deal, that the trailer/ski are only worth about 6600. Is that true or is this a good deal?

+1
    Great ski, but...
    1. It's a 2 stroke, already a dinosaur with regard to resell.
    2. Low hours are good, but in this economy I say offer $5,000 - 6,000
    3. If he owes the bank that much then you might shop around some.
    just my 2 cents...

Does it come with an extended warranty?

+1
    Id say you can find a better deal. If your rush into someting you might end up with buyers remorse.

Heres a brand new 2008 GP1300r that you could prob get for under 8
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Power...1%7C240%3A1318

and heres a 2007 brand new rxp for about the same price as well

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Power...1%7C240%3A1318

yea im thinking i should shop more to. but i know i want either an rxp or a gp and i really like the gp.

and yes it has the extended warrenty.

so 7400 is still to much?

+1
    Well as I said, it's a 2 stroke.
    They don't make those anymore, if it were me I would go for a 4 stroke just for resale value alone.

On the other hand, if you are a mechanic and like 2 strokes for modding or whatever that's another story. The GP's can be ported/modded for great performance if that's what you want but that can void your warranty.

What's important to you?
    What type of riding do you want to do, lake, ocean, etc?
    Do you want to pull tubes or just solo?

If you want a stock ski just for weekend recreation races, the GPR won't hold a candle to the RXP/RXT, so you are going to regret it every time you get passed.

wow are the RXP's reallly that fast?

And its going to be mostly a weekend recreational riding thing with just me riding, and occasionally me and my girlfriend. And will mostly be Rivers/lakes. Just cruisin around, but i want power and high speed!

+1
    Sure, even our supercharged RXT's will smoke a stock GPR we do it all the time.
    But, the GPR is still a great watercraft and I would not buy a supercharged Sea-doo without an extended warranty either. Major repairs on these things can easily run $6,000 or more. In my opinion, unless you are a mechanic they are pretty much worthless without a warranty, because if you drop a valve or something the parts and labor can cost as much as the value of the ski... it's not like a motorcycle.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information