Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SHO $500 to go from 68-66mph

I've bought an SHO Cruiser and it went 66-68mph GPS from the crate, depending on conditions/ tide etc full of fuel, neutral trim

I fitted the Riva FF exhaust and gutted the waterbox and got 68.9mph on GPS. Sounds great and I'm going in the right direction

I have just fitted a Riva Power filter and Riva manifold upgrade - 66mph. Managed to squeeze 67.4 with low fuel and the nose pointing at the sky

I've checked my installations, and everything is in place and fitted correctly. The ski is flying up to 66 but hitting the rev limiter and doing nothing else

What the F**k is wrong. I thought each little mod would help, not start going backwards. I have a C3 wheel arriving any day. Should I bother fitting it?

Where do I go from here? 13/25 impeller?

I have limited funds like everyone. I read the links and then bought what I thought would give me the best bang for my bucks, and it ain't worked.

please.

You may have been out on a "bad air" day. High heat and humidity will kill performance. If you're on the rev limiter, you need to prop up.

Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
    You may have been out on a "bad air" day. High heat and humidity will kill performance. If you're on the rev limiter, you need to prop up.

Hiya. I'm in the UK. Temp was 43 and I couldn't feel my fingers by the time I was back on dry land. It was bloody cold. I was on salt water. My best run was in a flat sheltered spot where the tide had little effect

U R absolutely right though. It was a pretty shitty day. I was expecting 70. Forever the optimist..........

May just be me, but I never get good speeds in the early year cold water. My speeds go up when the water warms up a bit. Not sure what it is but the engine may not get up to temp properly causing the cylinders to stay cold squeezing the pistons a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by wakeboardmuppet View Post
    I've bought an SHO Cruiser and it went 66-68mph GPS from the crate, depending on conditions/ tide etc full of fuel, neutral trim

I fitted the Riva FF exhaust and gutted the waterbox and got 68.9mph on GPS. Sounds great and I'm going in the right direction

I have just fitted a Riva Power filter and Riva manifold upgrade - 66mph. Managed to squeeze 67.4 with low fuel and the nose pointing at the sky

I've checked my installations, and everything is in place and fitted correctly. The ski is flying up to 66 but hitting the rev limiter and doing nothing else

What the F**k is wrong. I thought each little mod would help, not start going backwards. I have a C3 wheel arriving any day. Should I bother fitting it?

Where do I go from here? 13/25 impeller?

I have limited funds like everyone. I read the links and then bought what I thought would give me the best bang for my bucks, and it ain't worked.

please.

You have to use the right parts. If you have C3-11 wheel on order, you should have a 13/25 prop on order also or be having an existing 13/?? prop repitched or you will bounce onthe rev limit constantly. Then you will most likely need a fuel tuner or a standalone ECU. Otherwise the C3 will have you on the pressure limit and you get a fraction of the potential in speed you bought. Spend another grand + YMMV.

May just be me, but I never get good speeds in the early year cold water. My speeds go up when the water warms up a bit. Not sure what it is but the engine may not get up to temp properly causing the cylinders to stay cold squeezing the pistons a bit?

Could be. I'm open to suggestions. My ski was running 68 all the time last summer when I bought it. I've spent a small fortune, and gone no where at all, but I seem to get there quicker!!!!! . I'll hang on for a bit before ordering the new prop to go with the SC wheel but I'm thinking that is going to be my only option.

Thanx 4 advise

+1
    ride buddy and i are getting great speeds in the uk now due to cooler weather and good air,both mine have run real well and ive been keeping an eye on the air quality and so far its been good...

sorry to read your not having the speeds you deserve and i feel for you as ive been there and it drives the piss out of you...stick with it mate..

you went from running a gutted air box with no filter to a Riva filter? there is your speed loss. Gutted is the fastest.

Believe it or not but the colder water has a higher viscosity then in summer. You'll never feel the difference by hand but the colder water will slow you down just a bit. You maybe experienceing this. Im not sure when you took your last gps readings (time of year), but id figure id just throw this ut there as an idea.

+1
    Same thing happened with my old FX Yamahas, they kept getting slower every time I took them out. Keep tweaking it, you'll get your speed back.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information