Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Trailer customizing time.. Help me build it

I have a double galv. LoadRite right now. It is in excellant shape as is, but I want to "make it mine". It needs nothing as is.

Give me some ideas on what I can do, what you would do if you could, and show me what you have done.

I am open to all sane ideas..lol....

So far my plans are as follows:

Flip axle to lower it.
    3 Aluminum wheels, 1 as spare (as close a match to my truck wheels as possible)
    New spare carrier
    Double wheel tongue jack (replace single wheel)
    Polished Diamond plate fenders
    Diamond plate highlights. (braces, etc)
    Change color of trailer to BLACK
    All LED lighting
    New bunks. Plastic? Or?
    Move bunks outwards towards fenders as far as possible and still be functional and safe.
    Center walkway. Carpeted plastic "wood"?
    Replace plastice box with polished diamond plate
    Dual fuel jug rack. (black powder coat and diamond plate)
    Dual strap winches

Help me with the build and ideas please

I will post a pic of what it looks like now when I get a chance

TIA

I did a diamond plate box from lowes. just for the back of a pickup but works for the jet skis. I did my walkway with a walmonized 2x12, worked perfect. somethings to think about with the center walkway are... where the center brake lights are going to be when your done and how the tie downs will work. the center walkway and box are both sweet. mounted both with squared u-bolts.

Have you thought about instead of just a center walkway, make a "deck" from just about where the front Sliders mount covering the entire the front of the trailer? The trailer I bought about a year ago has a deck all around except for where the 2 hulls are. Every trailer I have from here on out will have this as well, it works great and is very usefull. If it all sounds confusing shoot me a PM and Ill take some pictures for you. Also any idea on where your getting your gas can rack and cans? I have been wanting to add this as well

Here is a link to my "Pimp my trailer" thread on annother site. http://pwctoday.com/f72/pimp-my-trailer-171387.html
    And here is a picture of the finished product.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Those rims look sweet on that trailer

+1
    I guess I did not say, but I will be hauling Blaster 1's on this. So no real need to be a big heavy trailer.
    Just want it functional and custom enough looking to, match my black truck. A one-off look is what I am after, but being clean enough to be a custom factory build.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaserxp215 View Post
    I did a diamond plate box from lowes. just for the back of a pickup but works for the jet skis. I did my walkway with a walmonized 2x12, worked perfect. somethings to think about with the center walkway are... where the center brake lights are going to be when your done and how the tie downs will work. the center walkway and box are both sweet. mounted both with squared u-bolts.
    I am going to get the diamond plate box made for trailers. The one that fits the shape of the a-frame in front. Not sure where I am getting it yet, but with summer coming up, there will be lots of car/truck flea markets at the race tracks. This is the first place I will check out for a deal.

I am not going to have any problem with lights, hold downs, and the walkway. The way the trailer is designed, I will be all clear with lost of room to spare.

I looked a tons of trailers knowing I would be customizing it, and this one fot the bill perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by flyguytki View Post
    Have you thought about instead of just a center walkway, make a "deck" from just about where the front Sliders mount covering the entire the front of the trailer? The trailer I bought about a year ago has a deck all around except for where the 2 hulls are. Every trailer I have from here on out will have this as well, it works great and is very usefull. If it all sounds confusing shoot me a PM and Ill take some pictures for you. Also any idea on where your getting your gas can rack and cans? I have been wanting to add this as well
    I did think about a deck like that, but weight comes into play then. I am trying very hard to keep that down. Unless you have some ideas that are light weight? If so, please share them. Thanks

The fuel jug rack, I got one used real cheap, and will just be powdercoating it black and add some diamond plate highlight. Braces, mounts, etc.
    I am thinking about copying the design, only make them out of aluminum. I think I can do it, pay my buddy to weld them up, and still be around $90 or so complete. This is a later on deal, not right now.

I will post pics of what I have when I get time to get it all out. Just had a snow storm last night/today. So getting back to my shed etc. in not possible right now.

The jugs themselves, I get from either Jegs, or at the dragstrip from the vendors. Only like $15 from a vendor if you buy more than 1. I get like 4 at a time, and the extras seem to always end up with my bro in his landscape trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by waterdoglouie View Post
    Here is a link to my "Pimp my trailer" thread on annother site. http://pwctoday.com/f72/pimp-my-trailer-171387.html
    And here is a picture of the finished product.

I did check that out before. Real nice job with that!
    I keep going back and looking at it for ideas.

+1
    Just thought about something...

What about those guides that go in the rear corners of the trailer? Do they make them like a slim "stick" with LED's that work as brake lights and blinkers?

Been checking the LED's for the rest of the trailer. Is Peterson any good? If not, what brand is?

TIA

+1
    I see you have the best tow vehicle in the world--bar none.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    You talking about WDL's Jeep?

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    For light light loads

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information