+1

Tested Riva RXT-X Pump Extenstion

Tested in 20-25 mph north wind today. Did not really expect a tremendous amount of improvement since the TX already hooked up pretty good. I was very impressed with the way the boat reacted. Nose planted very quickly on take off & once in the chop the hook up was indeed improved. Recovery time when landing is improved. A bonus is how the set back pump has made the steering more sensitive. I like it.

Positives: Better rough water hook up equals faster rough water racing speed. Nice steering touch.

Negatives: The extenstion steering adaptor is too long & will not work. It needs to be about 1/2" shorter in length. I did not try to adjust anything out to compensate on the steering arm assy. as I really felt it would take too much & that the adaptor should be a plug & play with minimal adjustment needed on the nozzle end. I was able to use an extenstion that I had in my spare parts to make it work. This should be an easy fix.

If you like your OPAS you will no longer have that capability as the bracket will no longer fit without making some type of add on extenstion to reach the original attachment point. I will be ordering block offs.

At this point I am very satisfied with the performance results. Thanks Jerry.

Doug

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Dawg View Post
    Tested in 20-25 mph north wind today. Did not really expect a tremendous amount of improvement since the TX already hooked up pretty good. I was very impressed with the way the boat reacted. Nose planted very quickly on take off & once in the chop the hook up was indeed improved. Recovery time when landing is improved. A bonus is how the set back pump has made the steering more sensitive. I like it.

Positives: Better rough water hook up equals faster rough water racing speed. Nice steering touch.

Negatives: The extenstion steering adaptor is too long & will not work. It needs to be about 1/2" shorter in length. I did not try to adjust anything out to compensate on the steering arm assy. as I really felt it would take too much & that the adaptor should be a plug & play with minimal adjustment needed on the nozzle end. I was able to use an extenstion that I had in my spare parts to make it work. This should be an easy fix.

If you like your OPAS you will no longer have that capability as the bracket will no longer fit without making some type of add on extenstion to reach the original attachment point. I will be ordering block offs.

At this point I am very satisfied with the performance results. Thanks Jerry.

Doug
    I had the same problem and had to cut mine down 5/8" then redrill and tap it out. Makes no sense to me... you add a 2" extension to the pump and the steering adapter is 2.5" long

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Here's a pic of the steering adapter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2213.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	119343  

+1
    Which manufacturer of pump extension is this that you tested?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by grantuk View Post
    Which manufacturer of pump extension is this that you tested?
    Riva.

+1
    Nice test Doug.

Thread Information