Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Congrats Shawn... 3rd overall at Hahn...Ironwoman to boot!

Were you riding the 15f or a 250x?

Shawn Rocks!!

Congrats Shawn. You are my hero! I will forever have the "MEMORIES" of the last couple of laps I did in the race, it was you and me girl! Mano y MANA...We fokin battled like warriors! I didnt let up, and I didnt expect you to let up! It was EPIC that 3 laps we battled. Fun stuff. If you all only knew what time she arrived to Havasu, what time she arried to the camp site, and how many or shall I say how LEAST amount of sleep she got..You would say DAMMM...She is my hero!

+1
    Congrats Shawn,

+1
    Thank you everyone, much appreciate, very kind of you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stangbang View Post
    Were you riding the 15f or a 250x?
    Friday the 27th I was loaned a Kawasaki Ultra 250X stock. I was prepared to ride one of my training boats which would have been a 15F, but Kawasaki was quite generous and my team boss from PWCoffshore.com wanted me on a faster boat. I think the Ultra was too much boat for me, I didn't get to have time riding it so the performance and handling wasn't my comfort level. At one point I thought I would have done better in terms of comfort on my 15, but the Ultra is just an amazing boat. I need time to catch up to it...it outclassed me...

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    "I think the Ultra was too much boat for me, I didn't get to have time riding it so the performance and handling wasn't my comfort level. At one point I thought I would have done better in terms of comfort on my 15, but the Ultra is just an amazing boat. I need time to catch up to it...it outclassed me..."

All I can say is you guys better step up next year if she gets more seat time on one,I hadn't given that a thought that it was a new STOCK boat for you. She's been my Hero and just keeps getting bigger.

[quote=Dubz1;972747]Congrats Shawn. You are my hero! I will forever have the "MEMORIES" of the last couple of laps I did in the race, it was you and me girl! Mano y MANA...We fokin battled like warriors! I didnt let up, and I didnt expect you to let up! It was EPIC that 3 laps we battled.../quote]

That sounds great!

Dubz, ya gotta get a helmet cam!

Congrats to both!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    "I think the Ultra was too much boat for me, I didn't get to have time riding it so the performance and handling wasn't my comfort level. At one point I thought I would have done better in terms of comfort on my 15, but the Ultra is just an amazing boat. I need time to catch up to it...it outclassed me..."

All I can say is you guys better step up next year if she gets more seat time on one,I hadn't given that a thought that it was a new STOCK boat for you. She's been my Hero and just keeps getting bigger.

LOl..thanks a lot, those are kind words.

I was able to hook up with some of our greenhulk members, that was way cool! So many people are not getting the accolades they deserve for thier own show. Everyone who came to this event is the real deal, that's not an easy race by far, so I salute everyone, including staff, they also had to go the distance.

+1

Thank you to my sponsors

Mark Hahn 300 February 28th, 2009

Thank you to my sponsors and family. Kyla and Ryan making me look good, I get the credit, but I don't deserve the full credit . Receiving any award off of efforts is not a solitary mission. I recognize and value everyone for their support and the fun we had! Mark Gerner for your passion and dedication to endurance racing, I would not have gone to this race if not for you, and that's the truth.

Kawasaki Motors Corporation for the support through Roger Hagie and Kim Harris for supplying me the Ultra 250X race boat! Unreal! That was the deal breaker, I would not have made a podium finish without your support, I am truly honored to ride a Kawasaki jet Ski as a Professional racer officially in my 20th year of competition and still podium a finish. Thank you for this gift.

The American Watercraft Association, our true partner in our sport, support the AWA! The AWA is really my alter ego, 'Fight for what is right'...well the AWA fights for our freedom to ride and I cannot see any other greater cause to throw down for. I am proud to be a partner in this community. Thank you for taking the lead Chris, you are a man of honor and I believe in your work and effort for all of us.

Liquid Militia Clothing-Paul, thanks for supporting all our racers, teams and events, and for Kyla and Ryan's hard work and creativity, they care and it shows, ask me how I know?

Liquid Militia Pit Crew-None better! They killed it!

PWCoffshore.com Race Team: Mark Gerner, Robert Carreon (Overall winners), Steve Friebe, Kim Bushong, John Belton, Sean Conner, Paul Pham, David Walker, Ralph Perez. My brothers are really good to me, I appreciate them so much because they charge, they 'ride the ride'.

PWCoffshore.com Sponsors: Hydroturf, R&D, OTB Boots, Liquid Militia

OTB Boots-The only reason I do not have an injury is because of OTB Boots this race course was brutal in the conditions we raced, my footgear was superior. The Abyss model worked well for me, ankle support, and I need that at my age and fatigue level...

Mustang Survival-Cold conditions, 30 MPH sustained winds, heavy impacts on landings...my Force 6 lifejacket literally saved me. kept my core warm and helped protect my chest from loading on the craft, as I wasn't a sissy rider, and not afraid of impact, I went 30 rounds with a prizefighter, and it was a draw...LOL

Betty Belts-Because I'm a girly girl at heart and I love Donna's jewelry designs! Sported them at the Awards, first thing I do when I get my gloves off is head to the truck and get my Betty B digs...

Hydroturf and R&D: Their commitment to our race team is much appreciated for the obvious reasons, we get results and they demand them.

Socal Watercraft Club-Good example of an AWA club in action, good people, caring souls and a great photographer! Good group of folks.

River Rat Racing- Thank you for supporting our pit team and helping us out with Zac's truck! Thank you for helping me with Shaniah's babysitting!

GREENHULK.NET-Great community and great racers on this site!

I hope I am not forgetting anyone.

Photo Album
    http://flickr.com/photos/k38shawn/se...7614690870398/

The 300 miles was a great fun ride. I especially enjoyed the water conditions provided by the sustained 30 mph winds, that was my advntage along with the team support and the Jet Ski. 3rd Overall and 3rd in Pro Am Open Class, plus the Ironwoman, as I enjoyed a solo race, it was a good run. Well, I'm off to work now, class is calling me for Morro Bay 8am tomorrow, have to drive north, thanks everyone, can't say it enough.
    Love and Rockets-
    Shawn

Conner, Gerner, Alladio, Dubz

Shawn and Dubz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information