2004 RXP done 150 hours. What now?

Hi there everybody. My ski has just clocked up 150 hours and I was wondering what I should be doing in regards to a service. I am going to change the oil and filter, so is there anything else that needs to be done? Do I need to replace anything in the supercharger?

Also, am I able to put a more powerful supercharger on my ski (such as a riva stage 3) without doing any other modifications? My ski is dead stock and want it to be reliable. Will a more powerful charger put more strain to the engine?

Thanks in advance.

+1
    you should have changed the oil atleast 3 times already, and the super charged needed to be rebuilt at 50 hours ago.

State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bam*bam View Post
    Hi there everybody. My ski has just clocked up 150 hours and I was wondering what I should be doing in regards to a service. I am going to change the oil and filter, so is there anything else that needs to be done? Do I need to replace anything in the supercharger?

Also, am I able to put a more powerful supercharger on my ski (such as a riva stage 3) without doing any other modifications? My ski is dead stock and want it to be reliable. Will a more powerful charger put more strain to the engine?

Thanks in advance.
    OUCH. 150 hours?? Ski is shot...total loss. I will give you $50 for it though, as a friend, and take it off your hands.

Kidding. I have the '04 RXP - love it. GREAT freaking ski.

send the s/c to jerry and get it rebuilt with a 08 kit and put a green wheel in it that will hold u 4 a while

Quote Originally Posted by bam*bam View Post
    My ski is dead stock
    When you post "DEAD STOCK"....YOU mean you still have the ceramic washers in there? If you do......that's the first thing I would take off that ski and replaced it with the Metal ones that Jerry sells. My 2004 RXP had 197 hours with ceramic washers before I change it with the metal ones The "Doo Gods" where watching over me

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    The "Doo Gods" where watching over me
    Yea... no kidding! I felt very lucky to get 78 hrs. out of my 05 without issues

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Yea... no kidding! I felt very lucky to get 78 hrs. out of my 05 without issues
    See, the "Doo Gods" loves you too The "Doo Gods" must have love and enjoy our sense of humor than the "Goderators"

Thanks for your reply's guys. I live in Australia so sending the charger to Jerry is probably not an option. I will be buying a rebuild kit (do these have the metal washers provided in them) as well as doing an engine and filter change (of which I have bought).

Is there anything else I should be looking at? Our summer is just about over here, but my mates and I are buying winter wet suits so we can take the ski's out over winter as the temperature shouldn't be falling much under 10 degrees celcius.

Thread Information