RXP-x on the trailer?

I just pick up 2 2008's RXP-x for my wife and I last week and got a Triton trailer Elite WCII ... If anyone has this set up I need a little help... I don't like how the dealer as it set up I can pick up the tongue with one hand and little force I think I need to move them forward more so I can get more tongue weight but the speedo will hit the bunk... How far forward to you guys have them on the trailer? or I'm i just use to heaver boats with a lot more tongue weight..

Now just need it to warm up and get some free time!!!

+1
    I had to slide my RXT-X forward for the same reason plus it hung off the back about a foot. You might look at the bunks and see if they can be adjusted or hang a tool box or gas jug rack on the front to counterbalance it.

+1
    I beleive that the formula for tounge weight is that it should be 10% of your trailer package. I.E. trailer with two skis is two thousand pounds, tounge weight= two hundred. I would think that this ratio must start to decrease as the package weight goes up or you could end up with an awful lot of tounge weight.

OBJ

+1
    Tongue weight should be over 150 pounds for your setup. A bathroom scale under the jack will work.

+1
    ummm, i know tongue weight is supposed to be 10%, or 200lbs in this case, but seriously, its only a 2000 lb load.
    i prefer to be a ble to lift the trailer on and off my hitch without having ot use the jack. maybe 75lbs??
    that makes for quick hooks and unhooks.
    i would be much more worried that my bunks are spaced correctly, so the skis dont drag on any crossbars when launching on pulling up. and concentrate on proper tie down of skis for travel.
    if you cant move the skis any further forward, to gain about 75lbs on the tongue, can you move the axle rearward???
    or look at mounting a storage box. super handy to bring along extra gas, life vests, tools, place to store covers, etc.
    of course you could trade up to 09 RXTis, no speedo, it checks your speed via GPS sattelite

+1
    A few pictures would be helpful.

OBJ

Thread Information