Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Should I get the Worx intake for my T-X?

I've read some of the other threads on the Riva and the R&D and they both seem good, but I am getting the impression the Worx is the best one?

I'm mostly on lakes in max 1 foot chop... Don't really want much cavitation and maybe a few mph increase is the goal.

What do ya think?

+1
    I'd say Worx or Riva for speed. The worx seems to run about .7mph faster then the R&D. The Riva was even faster I think. Read skoepps thread on grate tests. Very informative. The worx also helps in the handling department cause it hangs down in the water stream more. It gets my vote.

+1
    If on glass the riva is the best and has the best gas milage, but in real world conditions i found the riva to come un hooked alot.

Both the worx and R and D work well in real world water, with the worx being the best in the rough. I also found the R and D to have some cavitation out of the hole.

The worx also has a very nice ride and IMO is the all arround grate.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    If on glass the riva is the best and has the best gas milage, but in real world conditions i found the riva to come un hooked alot.

Both the worx and R and D work well in real world water, with the worx being the best in the rough. I also found the R and D to have some cavitation out of the hole.

The worx also has a very nice ride and IMO is the all arround grate.
    Thanks SKOEPP!

I currently have the R&D on my X skis. I'm happy with the speed, but never been happy with the little bit of cavitation on hole shots. Is the WORX grate really eliminating these qualities?

Ed

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 12timeworldchamps View Post
    Thanks SKOEPP!

I currently have the R&D on my X skis. I'm happy with the speed, but never been happy with the little bit of cavitation on hole shots. Is the WORX grate really eliminating these qualities?

Ed
    I have not seen any cavitation with worx. It is the best all arround grate if you ranked them all IMO. It is very good on holeshot, acceleration, and doesnt seem to be a whole slower then riva up top, and it rips in the rough. The best holeshot is the stock grate moded but thats probably because it closes the leeast amount of tunnel. Stock moded performs very well up top and was the best in the rough until the WORX was tested on my ski.

+1
    I have not seen any cavitation with worx. It is the best all arround grate if you ranked them all IMO. It is very good on holeshot, acceleration, and doesnt seem to be a whole slower then riva up top, and it rips in the rough. The best holeshot is the stock grate moded but thats probably because it closes the leeast amount of tunnel. Stock moded performs very well up top and was the best in the rough until the WORX was tested on my ski.
    Thanks!

I'm going to buy 1 worx grate for the P-X and try the stock modded grate on the T-X first.

Ed

Thanks!

I'm going to buy 1 worx grate for the P-X and try the stock modded grate on the T-X first.

Ed
    What is the "stock Modded" grate?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownSeadoo View Post
    What is the "stock Modded" grate?
    I think its the stock X intake grate with the outer wings removed and keeping the middle wing inplace. SKOEPP correct me if i'm wrong.

Ed

+1
    I think its the stock X intake grate with the outer wings removed and keeping the middle wing inplace. SKOEPP correct me if i'm wrong.

Ed
    correct. Like the outer wings were never there and remove the scoop were is flush with grate in middle.

+1
    correct. Like the outer wings were never there and remove the scoop were is flush with grate in middle.
    Buy scoop do you suggest removing the middle part of the wing that hangs below the grate bars?

Ed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information