Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which is the best used watercraft?

My buddy has a 05 RXP and I really like it, so I'm leaning towards an RXP, is there any other comparable watercrafts I should consider for around 6K?? Maybe a Ultra 250??? Thanks in advance for any help. I'm pretty new to all of this because everyone around here rides Sea-doo, so I haven't been able to get any real good opinions!

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    best thing you can do then is try to experience the different styles. go to your local dealership guy and ask for test rides. most places will let you do it. pick out the two that you like visually then go from there on performance and stability. you can always post here if you have questions

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubie08 View Post
    I'm pretty new to all of this because everyone around here rides Sea-doo, so I haven't been able to get any real good opinions!
    He thinks Sea-doo riders don't have good opinions?

+1
    Don't forget to post on the yamahaha and kawasuki side too. Everyone knows their opinions will be untainted by prejudice. I don't think you'll find an ultra 250 for 5k. They're all good ski's. Just hit all the forums and read the threads pertaining to reliability and cost issues. Take the time to educate yourself. I say Seadoo or Yamaha. Pick one that turns you on and start searching for a good deal.

Let me rephrase that.I think people who have never rode anything besides a Sea-doo wouldn't be of much help to me. I wanted opinions of some who have had seat time on both an Rxp and comparable models.

where in NE AL are you Aubie? I'm in NW Ga. (Rome). I know of a very low hour 2006 Viper Red Metallic RXP for sale.

+1
    My buddy has a 05 RXP and I really like it, so I'm leaning towards an RXP, is there any other comparable watercrafts I should consider for around 6K?? Maybe a Ultra 250???
    Comparable?
    There is no comparable two seater supercharged craft out there.
    Comparing the Ultra 250 to an RXP is like putting a whale up against a sleek dolphin. The whale performs better offshore in big waves, but it sucks gas and is in no way comparable to the nimble two seat rocket that is the RXP.
    You need to consider your riding plans and do some research, then figure out what you want out of your PWC.
    There is a two seat Honda you might like just for handling, but you will hate it when the RXP blasts out of the hole and passes you like you are standing still.

I realize the 250 is much larger. I didn't just hop on here and ask this question, when I say comparable I meant power wise. And GTXX I'm in Ft.payne... Ab an hour and a half from ya! Pm me some details!

+1
    I realize the 250 is much larger. I didn't just hop on here and ask this question, when I say comparable I meant power wise.
    Several of them have similar power ranges.
    But there's more to PWC than power.
    Handling, acceleration, storage, comfort, fuel economy, 4 stroke, 2 stroke, reverse on the right, reverse on the left, towing a tube, not towing, GIO, ceramic washers, closed loop cooling, open loop cooling, chop performance, glass performance... again, you need to consider your riding plans and pick the ski that fits your goals.

+1
    Aubie, we were just kidding with ya. Yo yama is being serious. What do you want to do with it and where? Wave jumping in the surf? Family outings pulling the tube or a wakeboard? Cruising the intercoastal? Saltwater of fresh? Calm lakes or big huge lakes that are prone to rough water? Are you performance minded or not? Can you afford new or looking for an inexpensive deal? Give us a few clues and we'll steer you straight. Most of these guys have owned numerous pwc's and can give you alot of insight. You said your buddy has an 05 RXP. You need to go big if you want to compete with him. That means another RXP if you only have 5k.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information