Need Help! 1998 XP LIMITED wont start

hi,

i have a 1998 sea doo xp limited that after charging the battery and swapping in another battery still wont start. it sat for about 1 month after the battery problem, then i took out the plugs and sprayed lube in the cylinders and it has been sitting for about 5 months ever since.you can see oil in the cylinders and everything was fine until i didnt ride it for a month when the battery died.when i push the button all it does is go "tink" "tink" with a supposed charged battery. this ski sat for a few years before i got it from the original owner who was paralyzed and could no longer ride. The day i bought it after it sat for all that time it went 63mph and ran perfect for 4 months until i didnt ride it for a month and the battery died. The way i see it -if it ran perfect after 3 years of sitting, it should start after one month of sitting.does it sound like the engine could be locked up or something? thanks for any help i really need it

Welcome to the forum ......Take the plugs out and try to turn it over by hand.Best way to know if its locked or not
    kidd

If it is not locked up it could be your starter relay/solenoid if it is a faint "tink tink". Put your hand on the electrical box and see if you can feel it when you push the start button. You may also want to bypass the solenoid and jump from the battery directly to the starter ( you could also jump the solenoid). This will let you know that your starter and bendix is working properly. The motor should spin if not locked up. I would also take the spark plugs out while doing these tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Draven99150 View Post
    If it is not locked up it could be your starter relay/solenoid if it is a faint "tink tink". Put your hand on the electrical box and see if you can feel it when you push the start button. You may also want to bypass the solenoid and jump from the battery directly to the starter ( you could also jump the solenoid). This will let you know that your starter and bendix is working properly. The motor should spin if not locked up. I would also take the spark plugs out while doing these tests.
    could also be a bad battery- even though is says good charge. Good luck

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven99150 View Post
    +1

Sounds like your trying to convince us and your self that it aint stuck. Well we cant look at it for you. Go out and pull the plugs like Kidd said and turn it over by hand make sure it turns all the way around one full turn atleast. I have seen stuck motors that would turn backwards almost a full turn. Then we can get down to the nittygritty parts.. unless you all like typing. XPL seem to be more prone to getting stuck. Try channel locks or a pipe wrench on the shaft next to the battery

thanks for all your help.im gonna take the plugs out and spin it and then i will let you know what happens.again i really appreciate all help!!!

Thread Information