Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    rx4pain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    1,929
    +1
    1

    RXP and fire extinguisher

    When I bought the RXP in '04, the fire extinguisher I had in my '03 SC didn't fit. It's a Type B:C size 1

    Wasn't there some sort of bulletin or recall on the extinguisher/tool compartment being too small to fit one? Weren't they heating them up?


  2. #2
    It does fit, it's just REALLY tight.

    The bulliten describes holding a heat gun at the opening of the extinguisher compartment for a bit, then sliding the extinguisher in. Once you get it in, you won't have any more trouble with it.

  3. #3
    rx4pain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    1,929
    +1
    1
    Don't have a heat gun...how much and is there any other option? I guess an open flame near the tank isn't good. That holder is embedded in the foam...thanks for the info.

  4. #4
    Nobody Really bling bling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lake Lanier Georgia
    Posts
    374
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas
    It does fit, it's just REALLY tight.

    The bulliten describes holding a heat gun at the opening of the extinguisher compartment for a bit, then sliding the extinguisher in. Once you get it in, you won't have any more trouble with it.
    Yeah do it on a hot day its easier . I had a time on mine you really have to push

  5. #5
    rx4pain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    1,929
    +1
    1
    Bling - did you heat it up first and then had the hard time pushing it in?

  6. #6
    Nobody Really bling bling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lake Lanier Georgia
    Posts
    374
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain
    Bling - did you heat it up first and then had the hard time pushing it in?
    No mine is a black ski i let set out in sun with hood shut . It got hot ans it slid in but not extremely easy . I had tried in feb when it was cold and it would not fit . I used some wd 40 on it also and worked it back and fourth so i knew i could get out incase of fire Once you do it once and work it a little bit you will be fine

  7. #7
    rx4pain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    1,929
    +1
    1
    So you get it in and subsequent in's and out's are easier? I've got a while before the heat comes here in WA.

  8. #8
    Nobody Really bling bling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lake Lanier Georgia
    Posts
    374
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain
    So you get it in and subsequent in's and out's are easier? I've got a while before the heat comes here in WA.
    Yes it just the first time seem like there is noway it will fit but it does i promise it will

  9. #9
    rx4pain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    1,929
    +1
    1
    I think I'll search out a neighbor with a heat gun and will tackle this soon. I'm just worried about riding in an area I'm not familiar with and getting dinged for not having one. I have to get a whistle too...

  10. #10
    Nobody Really bling bling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lake Lanier Georgia
    Posts
    374
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain
    I think I'll search out a neighbor with a heat gun and will tackle this soon. I'm just worried about riding in an area I'm not familiar with and getting dinged for not having one. I have to get a whistle too...
    Yeah as soon as yo dont have all of it you will get checked

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB GPR yellow fire extinguish holder and cap
    By Oldman in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2011, 01:28 PM
  2. 2008 Sea-Doo RXP-X Fire Extinguisher Mounting Location
    By Timbo3416 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-21-2010, 07:18 PM
  3. 2007 RXP Fire Extinguisher
    By gpr1200 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 09:47 AM
  4. Finally got to ride my 05 Rxp and have some questions.
    By Mark S in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-17-2005, 06:40 AM
  5. Pics of my 2005 RXP on FIRE!
    By WildBill9000 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-31-2005, 03:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •