+1

SHO/FZ Solas YS-DF info

my question:
    I saw on your site that you have a new YS--DF available for the Yamaha FZ series. Is it shipping yet? Also, will this impeller perform equally well on the FX SHO which has the same engine, but a smaller pump tunnel.
    Response:
    Hi Mark,
    Thanks for writing to us again.

The impeller YS-DF-14/21 is just suitable for FZS as well as your FX SHO engine. However, we'll say that different situation will have different proformance.

By the way, we expect to release this impeller on/about March.

Best regards,
    Marketing Department
    Solas Science &Engineering Co., Ltd.

If results are consistent to what the GPR crowd has seen, this will most likely be a better top speed design than the Skat Swirl we have been using so far. Should be interesting to see how they perform off the line with the big torque the SHO/FZ engines are making. I remember reading on R&D's site that they will be selling these once available, so hopefully it will be possible to buy them already repitched for the level of mods we have like they do with the Skat now. IMO, that will be a much cheaper alternative to buying one out of the box & testing/repitching to get it tuned in.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    my question:

Response:

If results are consistent to what the GPR crowd has seen, this will most likely be a better top speed design than the Sat Swirl we have been using so far. Should be interesting to see how they perform off the line with the big torque the SHO/FZ engines are making. I remember reading on R&D's site that they will be selling these once available, so hopefully it will be possible to buy them already repitched for the level of mods we have like they do with the Skat now. IMO, that will be a much cheaper alternative to buying one out of the box & testing/repitching to get it tuned in.
    great info....thanks for sharing Mark.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    great info....thanks for sharing Mark.....
    NP bro. Their response on performance is a bit vague, but it's as good as it's gonna get since it came from their marketing dept.

This brings me to my next ?...who's going to be the first to have a VX(Concord) impeller machined to fit the SHO shaft? The GPR guys saw great top speed improvement with these at the expense of holeshot, but with the torque these 1800's are making, it might not be such a big sacrifice.

+1

Thumbs up

my question:

Response:

If results are consistent to what the GPR crowd has seen, this will most likely be a better top speed design than the Skat Swirl we have been using so far. Should be interesting to see how they perform off the line with the big torque the SHO/FZ engines are making. I remember reading on R&D's site that they will be selling these once available, so hopefully it will be possible to buy them already repitched for the level of mods we have like they do with the Skat now. IMO, that will be a much cheaper alternative to buying one out of the box & testing/repitching to get it tuned in.
    I you are 100% correct the swirl design works good for acceleration and rough water hook up but will NOT produce the top speed numbers a dyna-fly will.

NP bro. Their response on performance is a bit vague, but it's as good as it's gonna get since it came from their marketing dept.

This brings me to my next ?...who's going to be the first to have a VX(Concord) impeller machined to fit the SHO shaft? The GPR guys saw great top speed improvement with these at the expense of holeshot, but with the torque these 1800's are making, it might not be such a big sacrifice.

Well if it will work and someone will do the machining for me.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Well if it will work and someone will do the machining for me.....
    I'm going to try & find out for us if it's possible. Hopefully some of the 2-stroke gurus can point me in the right direction.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86042

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    I you are 100% correct the swirl design works good for acceleration and rough water hook up but will NOT produce the top speed numbers a dyna-fly will.
    Based on that rationale i'll keep the Skat Swirl.....ill let u GPS monkeys play with the Dyna-Fly... I'll just make sure to keep my goggles on after I holeshot u guys......when you come blastin by and spray me in the eyeballs at 70+.....

Thread Information