Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Rxp starting problems. Need your help

Got a 2007 rxp with stage 2ish mods. Getting ready for spring time and wanting to start and run her a bit. Only problem is that when I plug in the key to the post nothing happens. The oil pump doesnt start up nor does the gauge light up. I have gotten it to work though. Thats why its weird, its random. I've checked the fuses, and wiggled the wires a little. Anyone have any experience with this situation or any idea where to go next? Im thinking something to do with the battery...... OH!!! A couple of those random times I got the gauge and oil pump to do its thing, but the boat would not start. Wouldnt even crank. Just do its annoying beeping thing. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks guys.

+1
    I think your battery went dead over the winter. Put in on a motorcycle trickle charger and see if it will take a charge.

Seagoat hit it on the head, put that battery on a trickle charge

+1
    sweet! thanks guys I will give that a try.

If you have gotten it to work randomly, then it may not be the battery. Check the battery connections and make sure they are tight and have no corrosion.

+1
    all nice and tight, no corrosion. though i have had previous problems with the green caps either breaking off or unscrewing. fluid level inside never got below the lower line. and ive kept it full by filling it back up with distilled water. finally got smart and put packing tape over the caps to keep them in place. even after all those problems i never had an issue with the starting or the key post not working. i dunno. just changed to other trickle charger since the first one didnt seem to be working? amps on first charger registered about 3.

Quote Originally Posted by mbaseball3 View Post
    Only problem is that when I plug in the key to the post nothing happens. The oil pump doesnt start up nor does the gauge light up.
    This is interesting did they switch to an electronic "OIL PUMP" on '07? On your battery cable, I think negative side is there 2 wires hooked up there?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    This is interesting did they switch to an electronic "OIL PUMP" on '07? On your battery cable, I think negative side is there 2 wires hooked up there?

hard to tell actually. wire being under the skrink wrap and the plastic casing. though it felt like only one when i squeezed it

Quote Originally Posted by mbaseball3 View Post
    hard to tell actually. wire being under the skrink wrap and the plastic casing. though it felt like only one when i squeezed it
    The situation that you just describe is similar to a problem I encounter in my '04 RXP. There was a separate wire that was bolted to the negative terminal wirewhich I think leads to the front of the engine block as ground. If this wire is loose, it will act as a dead battery scenario. I don't know if I have a picture of the battery side, but I know I have a picture of the engine side. Is your '07 really have an electronic "OIL" pump or you are referring to the sound of the electronic fuel pump when you put the key on? ??????????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    The situation that you just describe is similar to a problem I encounter in my '04 RXP. There was a separate wire that was bolted to the negative terminal wirewhich I think leads to the front of the engine block as ground. If this wire is loose, it will act as a dead battery scenario. I don't know if I have a picture of the battery side, but I know I have a picture of the engine side. Is your '07 really have an electronic "OIL" pump or you are referring to the sound of the electronic fuel pump when you put the key on? ??????????

probably the fuel pump lol. never paid any attention to what it was making that noise. just know something in there starts to make noises when the key is hooked on. tried starting it today after the trickle charge, and nothing..... errrrrr!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information