Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Octane Booster Dangerous??

I recently started pouring 1/2 bottle of O'Reily's Octane Booster into my tank when i gas up. If i gas up with premium (90-91 Octane) is it bad to use octane booster? BTW i get 1 extra mph with octane booster on gps.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by -=aLiEno4RXP=- View Post
    I recently started pouring 1/2 bottle of O'Reily's Octane Booster into my tank when i gas up. If i gas up with premium (90-91 Octane) is it bad to use octane booster? BTW i get 1 extra mph with octane booster on gps.

I wouldnt waste your money on that stuff, but that is just me. Have you ever heard what all they do and dont put in those octane boosters.

Race gas would be best or some other proven race fuel product.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    1 mph with octane boost... I'm sold... going to autozone first thing in the morning

+1
    Is there any validity to this or has this topic been discussed in the past and I need to research?

+1
    The nos brand is the only one i have found tobe of any use.it has 60 octane points and that = 6 octane.todd going 73mph

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    Is there any validity to this or has this topic been discussed in the past and I need to research?

I cant attach it, but search "ethanol" in 4 tech performance and go to "ethanol in fuel" and there is some info there. I know its not the topic but keep reading.

I plan to raise my octane rating in my RXP this summer. Was looking at 110 sunocco unleaded but its 8 bucks a gallon and you have to buy 55 gallon drum. LOL

I will be ordering some fuel additive from www.bndautomotive.com soon. There race fuel additive is 1 oz. per 6 gallons of fuel and it will raise 90 octane to high 90's.

Not to mention all the benifits they claim there puting back in the gas that someone else took out that does not help with high performance engine. Its worth check out.
    In fact they make there own oils and can blend up any need. THey crack there own catalyst and there synthetic oil is mineral based.

Ethanol

Here in Missouri, we have a mandatory 5% ethanol rating in gasoline in some places, and where I get my gas it does have 5% ethanol. The gas burns cleaner and its cheaper around here because of all the farms.

+1
    OK, what would you guys do here........ I fill my ski at the station with 93 before I launch. While out on the water the only thing I find is 89. Here is the question... if low on fuel would you

1) Put just enough 89 to get back to the ramp
    2) Put in 89 + octane booster
    3) Call someone to come get you off the water and not run the ski

Thanks for any feedback

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by driveumhard View Post
    OK, what would you guys do here........ I fill my ski at the station with 93 before I launch. While out on the water the only thing I find is 89. Here is the question... if low on fuel would you

Thanks for any feedback
    door number two is what I do. I add NOS with marine gas and no evidence of damage on recent tear down and inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by driveumhard View Post

Thanks for any feedback
    I am in the same position as you are,, but I take a 5 gallon gas can of 103 and mix the 89 with the 103. It does make me a little nervous with 5 gallons of fuel in front. Maybe the NOS suggestion is a better way to go, but I have heard the boosters and other fuel additives are hard on the hoses.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information