A little help...

My 05' rxp has been sitting for about 5 or 6 months waiting for the hull to be repaired. I was wondering if there is anything i could do to make sure that i dont have any moisture in it (i didnt winterize it because i thought i would get it repaired sooner). I dont want the motor to lock up or drop a valve. I only have 9 hours on a brand new motor from the factory. Any input would help, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRxP0384 View Post
    My 05' rxp has been sitting for about 5 or 6 months waiting for the hull to be repaired. I was wondering if there is anything i could do to make sure that i dont have any moisture in it (i didnt winterize it because i thought i would get it repaired sooner). I dont want the motor to lock up or drop a valve. I only have 9 hours on a brand new motor from the factory. Any input would help, thanks.
    I WOULD,remove plugs,and spray bombardier lube down,dont be shy with it,maybe remove the petrol,check the fuel filter,oil,spray the engine with a lube,grease all cables and bare metal surfaces inside and outside the boat.CHECK THE BATTERY,maybe trickle charge it,and generally check all moving parts,throttle,reverse,stearing ect,if your stored in a garage remove the seat open the front keep air circulating,you should be ok.

Thread Information